I want to write things that are beautiful.
Things that inspire and encourage those around.
I want to make up worlds and languages that will be loved like the worlds I have grown up loving.
I want to have the skill and imagination of Lewis, Tolkien and Rowling.
I want to write things that make people think.
To have them ponder my words for days on end.
I want to write down the adventures I undergo and adventures I can never have.
I want to write things that are as beautiful as the things I read.
I have been doing really bad thus far in the semester maintaining my post on my blog every day thing like I usually do. It’s not even that I haven’t had time, it’s that I’ve been like completely unmotivated or have had no ideas on what to write about. And it’s not just in my blog, it’s like my brain is still in summer mode (Which is weird since I spent all of summer wishing it was over) and I’m not motivated to do anything in class or things either. I just want to hang out with my friends. Which is obviously bad… Oops. Hope, start working like you should.
So yeah… I apologize for my lack of posting as of late but that’s why.. Hopefully this lack of motivation will go away soon. And it’s weird too, as unmotivated as I am I currently have A’s in all my classes, so I’m actually still doing my school work correctly, but all I want to do is hang out and/or sleep.
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Yesterday I was blessed and immensely surprised to find out that Matthew over at http://cleansedbygod.wordpress.com nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I was quite surprised for sure to find this out but I am also quite honored that anybody ever reads my blogs, much less thinks it’s inspiring. The rules for this award are as follows:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3) State 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, 7 things about myself.
1. I love to read more than almost anything else.
2. I hate spending time by myself, I’m such a people person I thrive on the company of others.
3. I consider myself an amateur photographer, it’s one of my passions.
4. I’m one of the most awkward, random people you’ll ever meet.
5. I think YouTube is one of the greatest things ever invented, it can be hilarious, educational or both.
6. When it’s nice outside, I’m almost always barefoot, like literally my feet have grown so accustomed to it that I can walk comfortably over almost any surface or hot temperature. (It freaks a lot of people out)
7. I could give up almost anything in my life except Dr Pepper. Do not take away my Dr Pepper. :)
Inspiring Bloggers (I don’t follow a lot of bloggers… So I’m tagging 10.):
I realized the other day that while I’ve had this blog for almost two years now, I’ve never really mentioned why I started blogging or what the significance of my blog name is.
It’s hard to believe that I’ve been blogging for about 2 years but I have. When I started it was mostly because two of my friends had gotten blogs and it seemed like a cool idea and honestly I never thought anybody would ever read it. My first post was on May 8, 2010 and to be honest it wasn’t a great one, just a stereotypical “Hello World” sort of post randomly describing my life. I’m glad to say that my posts have gotten at least a lot more meaningful and hopefully better written as well. Instead of just always writing about pointless things (though yes, I realize there are still quite a few of those posts too) I try now to write about relevant topics, topics that are important to me and posts that will interest my readers.
And yes, onto my readers, somehow, by the grace of God, I now have 94 of you subscribed to my blog and as of writing this, I have 42,266 all-time views. Frankly, I’m not sure how this has happened, I just started writing for fun and though I know in the scheme of things that’s not a large number of views, I appreciate every single one of them and every one of you readers because I wouldn’t have ever expected that I would get even 100 views. You guys are awesome, thank you all!
Another thing you all might be curious about, why ElvishJesusFreak? Well, For my long time readers it’s probably obvious and it’s really simple but basically I love the Elves from Tolkien’s world of Middle Earth and I’m in love with Jesus and am an absolute Jesus Freak.
So yeah, that’s about it really, other than I would like to say again how much I appreciate every one of you readers and am so thankful each time I get another view. You guys are brilliant.
About a week ago, one of the blog posts on the Freshly Pressed page really impacted me. It was about why this person blogs. It was super well written and had great points and a fabulous quote from Doctor Who to start the post off (Said post is here: http://outsideair.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/what-blogging-has-tought-me/) and it got me to thinking, why do I blog? I’ve thought about it for a few days now and I’ve come up with a list (Some are actually the same reasons as the original post has but I’d been thinking of them before too! I swear I didn’t steal them! :D)
1. It’s a great escape to just write down all my thoughts. Writing them down (Er, um, typing them out) helps me really organize them and think about what’s actually going on and stuff. It helps me process things better and work out everything that’s happening to me.
2. It’s an awesome way to get connected to people from all over the world. When I started blogging almost two years ago now, I would’ve never dreamed I’d make any friends on here or that anybody would ever even read my blog, much to my surprise I’ve now passed over 40,000 all-time views and I have 77 subscribers. I’m so blessed by each and every one of you and any readers that may just lurk around and view my blog on occasion. Through this experience I’ve gotten to “meet” people from the opposite ends of the world from me. It’s so awesome to think that my just typing out my random thoughts has been able to accomplish that.
3. It’s a way to share my story and my faith with others. Sure, I don’t really have that much of a moving life story or even a super interesting one but apparently at least some people enjoy reading what I have to write on occasion and because of that I try to write things of encouragement a lot and write what I feel God has laid on my heart to share with others. While my life story really isn’t all that interesting to me, I desperately hope and pray that people can be encouraged by my faith and come to know how awesome God is in everything.
4. Blogging makes me feel like I might be good at something for once. I’m not saying I’m like the next C.S. Lewis or J.K. Rowling or anything but I’d like to think that I’m fairly decent at writing. It’s something I enjoy and something that I hope I can continue for a long time.
5. It’s something that really makes me happy and it’s a hobby that gives me something to look forward to. I enjoy the process of writing, editing, posting then checking for stats and any new comments. Sure, I might not get as many views as a lot of blogs and I really don’t get that many comments most often but I enjoy each and every one. Anytime I get a new comment or like on a post I get all happy inside. It shows that somebody took the time to read my work and they actually enjoyed it. It’s an incredible feeling that actually makes me feel confident and proud of myself.
So what about you, dear readers, why do you blog? Why do you enjoy reading other blogs?
And as always, thanks for reading. You all are amazing.
It was a few months ago, I was in Wichita over Christmas break and while at a restaurant I looked up and did a double take. What was she doing here? One of my favorite celebrities, Zooey Deschanel was sitting across from me. Being the fan-girl of all things that I am I couldn’t just sit there and do nothing. There she was! Star of one of my all time favorite movies, (500) Days of Summer, the movie with the perfect cast, perfect plot line, perfect script, perfect soundtrack, perfect everything! And there she was. I nervously got up from my table, telling my sister I’d return in a bit and approached her. Admittedly I was a bit intimidated but I swallowed my fear, walked to her table and boldly sat down in the seat across from her. “My name is Hope”, I said, “I’m a huge fan and I know you get this all the time but I saw you and couldn’t pass up the chance. I’d love to talk to you if you don’t mind.” Being the celebrity she is, she seemed undaunted at being approached in this way but she graciously agreed to talk with me for a bit. I told her how much I admire her in everything I’ve seen her in (Which admittedly is almost everything she’s been in) and how I adore her band. She has the quirky yet adorable style that I envy and has a seemingly carefree spirit that is infectious. I usually don’t go out of my way to admire celebrities but she’s one I can’t help but love, she’s gorgeous and everything she’s in is perfect. I told her all this of course (Hopefully I was rather grown up about it and not too fan-girlish) and was delighted to discover she is just as wonderful in person as her characters portray. After chatting for a while, I realized I shouldn’t overstay my welcome so I thanked her for her time and rose to leave. Before I exited back to my own table, she thanked me for coming to talk to her and told me that it meant a lot that I had come to talk to her and that it always means a lot to hear from fans. Needless to say it was a meeting I will never forget and it was a great story to be able to tell.
And a story it was and that’s all it is I’m afraid. Yep, that whole thing was a lie, other than the fact that Zooey Deschanel really is one of my favorite celebrities and that I do admire her. But alas, I have never met her, or any other celebrity. But sometimes I like to search in my imagination and pretend that I live an exciting life. Plus writing fiction is fun, I might try to do it more often actually.
Please give me your feedback on my fictional tale of my life. :)
Recently, my friend over at http://teenagejesusfreak.wordpress.com/ was kind enough to leave me a blogging award that she made up called the Paperclip Award. Not only am I extremely honored and flattered but I think the idea was pretty sweet! So for today’s post, I shall be filling out the questions that accompany this award and awarding it to several deserving blogs as well! :)
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An FBI agent, ever since I was 5. And yep, that’s still what I want to do!
2. What is your ultimate favorite place to be?
Not any place in particular, but whenever I’m with the people I love and who love me.
3. Name one famous person who inspires you. (Just one!!!)
AH! The just one thing makes this question really hard but I would have to say C.S. Lewis, his books have changed my life. The Chronicles of Narnia have been my favorites for years and have inspired many dreams and imaginations. More recently I’ve gotten into his other works, Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters and the Problem of Pain. His faith and understanding of God’s words is such an inspiration. I look forward to meeting him someday in Heaven.
4. Tea or Coffee?
This is quite difficult because I happen to like both quite a lot. But I suppose coffee, as long as it has enough sugar and creamer in it. :)
5. If you could be any other person for 48 hours, who would you be?
I don’t know if I would necessarily want to be another person for 48 hours or any amount of time but it would sometimes be really cool to experience life from another person’s point of view. But I suppose I’ll go with a cliché answer and say a celebrity so, JK Rowling. :P
6. What is your earliest memory?
I really don’t know actually. I do remember the day I met my friend Lydia though when I was 7. So, that might be it… :)
7. If you could ask anyone in the world, living or dead, anything, who would you ask, and what would you ask them?
I’m not sure honestly. I could go for cliche answer here and say I’d ask the guy I like if he could ever see me as more than a friend but I’m a little afraid of the answer and don’t feel like that’s what I actually want to know more than anything. So I’m not sure. If I come up with an answer I’ll make sure and let you all know. :)
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Starting to stand up for myself.
9. What is your favorite book?
I can’t pick one! The Bible, Mere Christianity and Harry Potter. That’s my final answer. Oh! And Blue Like Jazz. :)
10. Briefly explain one of the weirdest dreams you have ever had.
My dad turned into a peanut butter sandwich and my bestie Erin and I ran after him yelling “It’s the jellyman!” Yep. That was weird.
11. What one song best describes you? (Feel free to post a link to a Youtube vid)
That describes me. Hmm. Well, I feel like either Come Thou Fount or Words to Build a Life On are the songs I relate to the most.
12. Pen or pencil?
Pencil. Then if I make mistakes I can erase them. Also for some reason my handwriting looks better in pencil.
13. Is 13 an unlucky number or not?
Nope. I don’t believe in luck. So I don’t believe in unlucky things either.
Ok, so I don’t actually follow a huge amount of blogs but I love the blogs I do follow so I’ll list some of my favorites! They’re all wonderful blogs and lovely people.
Hopefully I’m not forgetting any of you… but if I am let me know. :)
Have a great weekend!