As a lot of you know, I am deeply fond of the TV show the Office and while I’ve loved every single season, the current season might be my absolute favorite, yes, it’s the only season without Michael Scott played by Steve Carell but I actually and surprisingly think the writing is the best out of all of them and it makes me quite happy. As happy as I am with the current season however, Michael Scott will forever be one of my favorite fictional characters. Here are some of my favorite quotes by him.
– “I love babies. I think they are beautiful in all sorts of different ways. I try to pick up and hold a baby every day, if possible, because it nourishes me. It feeds my soul. Babies are drawn to me. And I think it’s because they see me as one of them. But … cooler and with my life put together a little bit more. If a baby were president, there would be no taxes. There would be no war.”
– “Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’”
– “Nobody likes beets, Dwight. You should grow something everybody does like. You should grow candy.”
– “I’m friends with everybody in this office. We’re all best friends. I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late and start having dentist appointments that aren’t dentist appointments, and that is when it’s nice to let them know that you could beat them up.”
– “Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.”
– “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.”
– “You don’t call retarded people retards. It’s bad taste. You call your friends retards … when they’re acting retarded.”
– “If I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice.”
– “Alright let me ask you this, tell me if you think this is creative. When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this was before I had even heard of one, or seen one. I just drew a picture, of a horse, that could fly over rainbows, and a had a huge spike in its head. I was five! Five-years-old. Couldn’t even talk yet.”
– “When I said that I was king of forwards, you’ve got to understand that I don’t come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn’t arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another.”
– “Yes, money has been a little tight lately. But, at the end of my life, when I’m sitting on my yacht, am I gonna be thinking about how much money I have? No. I’m going to be thinking about how many friends I have, and my children, and my comedy albums. I mean, I have a yacht, so I obviously did pretty well money-wise.”
– “Hey, you wanna hear a lie? I think you’re great. You’re my best friend.”
– Michael Scott: Ladies and gentleman, I have some bad news. Meredith was hit by a car.
Michael Scott:It happened this morning in the parking lot. I took her to the hospital. And the doctors tried to save her, life, they did the best they could. And she is going to be ok.
Stanley: What is wrong with you? Why would you have to phrase is like that?
– “Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I’ll hit somebody with my car. So sue me– no, don’t sue me. That is opposite the point I’m trying to make.”
– “Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it’s not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised.”
– “Oh I am taking responsibility. And it is up to me, to get rid of the curse, that hit Meredith, with my care. I am not superstitious, but I’m a little ‘stitious.”
– “Bros before hos. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her she was the only ho for you. And that she was better than all the other hos in the world. And then, suddenly she is not your ho no mo.”
– “Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.”
– “Oscar, you’re gay! Andy, Cornell called, they think you suck! And you’re gayer than Oscar. Boom roasted!”
– “No no no no you will not die! Stanley! Stanley you will not die! Stanley! Stanley! Barack is president! You are black Stanley!”
– “So it wasn’t Dwight after all. Looks like I’m the killer. You never expect that you’re the killer. It’s a great twist. Great twist.”
– “Nobody should have to go to work thinking, oh this is the place that I might die today. That’s what a hospital is for. An office, is for not dying. An office is a place to… live life to the fullest. To the max. To… an office is a place where dreams come true.”
– “Remember when people used to say “boss” when they were describing something really cool. Like, “those shoulder pads are really boss man.” “Look at that perm, that perm is so boss!” It’s what made me want to become a boss. And I looked so good in a perm and shoulder pads. But now, boss is just slang, for jerk in charge.”
– “They say that laughter is the best medicine, so, Stanley, you can throw away those pills you are cured. Actually, you should better hold on to those. Just in case.”
So everyone who has read my blog at least a few times has probably realized my extreme love of fantasy worlds. This of course includes TV shows, books, movies, I love all of them. It’s true, I rarely live in reality, I wish my life was fiction. :) Anyways, being so in love with fictional stories also gets me to be quite emotionally invested in fictional characters. Even more specifically, fictional couples. I love them. I need them to be together, I’m a huge “shipper” if you will, (One who deeply wishes for a fictional relationship to be together). It happens with a lot of things, Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter) Lily and Snape (Yep, I’m a Snily shipper), Ned and Chuck (Pushing Daisies), Jim and Pam (The Office), Shawn and Juliet (Psych) and many more, but, my favorite of all couples, my OTP (One True Pairing) will forever be Rory Williams and Amy Pond (Doctor Who). I love them. They’re absolutely perfect for each other, they bring out the best in each other and their relationship can’t help but make you smile. Sure, the first few episodes Rory seemed a little like a normal goofy guy who wasn’t anything special, but then you realize later on that he is the sweetest, most loving character possibly in all of fiction. Who else would wait 2,000 years for the woman he loves? Who would go up against all the Cybermen to save his wife and daughter? Rory BAMF Williams is who. He’s perfect.
This has been a post of my Doctor Who feelings. That is all.
Supernatural Watching Update: Season 2 is finished, season 3 will be started immediately.
I admit it, I watch far too many TV shows. At the present time I think my count is up to about 24 TV shows that I currently keep up with. Granted about half of those are on hiatus right now so it’s not like I’m watching 24 tv shows each week but still, it’s a bit crazy I realize. But hey, at least I have an office job where I can watch TV at work right? Oh, what? That doesn’t make it better? Ok, fair enough. Anyways, here’s my list as a TV junkie of what the 10 best TV shows of all time are. Keep in mind by the way that after number one they all pretty much tie for my number 2 favorite show, I can’t narrow them down any farther! Enjoy. :)
1. Doctor Who
As you all know, this is my absolute favorite TV show of all time. A British Sci-Fi show about The Doctor, a 900-something Time Lord traveling time and space with a human companion saving the world. It’s pretty much the best.
2. White Collar
A show about FBI agent Peter Burke and renowned criminal Neal Caffrey, White Collar shows the journey of Neal after he is captured by Peter and given an arrangement for him to stay out of jail (but on house arrest) if he’ll help the FBI solve crimes. Witty, intriguing and hilarious, this show is definitely one that I would suggest to anyone.
This show is about two best friends, Shawn Spencer and Burton “Gus” Guster who are working with the LAPD. The twist? Shawn is pretending to be psychic to solve said cases. The result is hilarious, filled with cheesy 80’s references and brilliant.
4. The Office
Based on the British TV show with the same name, this show follows the daily lives of the employees working in the office of Dunder Mifflin. Definitely a can’t miss show that is always super hilarious even with the new-found absence of Steve Carell’s character Michael Scott.
5. Pushing Daisies
I’ve talked a bit about this show before in my post https://elvishjesusfreak.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/i-miss-pushing-daisies-and-i-want-some-pie/
but this show is brilliant and will always be one of my favorites. I just wish it had lasted a bit longer.
6. 30 Rock
30 Rock is a show somewhat similar to the Office and equally hilarious. This one follows the life of Liz Lemon, head writer for the show “TGS”, many shenanigans occur on the set of this show and this show follows them all. It’s brilliant. Plus Tiny Fey and Alec Baldwin are hilarious actors.
7. Arrested Development
This is another show that unfortunately got cancelled much too soon but is hilarious none the less. This show is about the very much dysfunctional Bluth family and the troubles they can’t seem to get out of. Wonderfully written and brilliantly acted, this show should have had much more than 3 seasons. (Though sometime next year a 4th season and a movie will be released to tie up loose ends!)
Though this show only currently has 6 episodes and is not very well known in the U.S. this show is quite possibly the most brilliantly written show of all time. A modern day version of Sherlock Holmes written by Doctor Who head-writer Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, this show is perfect in every way.
9. Gilmore Girls
Yes, this show is old and yes it was cancelled years ago but Gilmore Girls will remain in my heart forever. The witty dialogue, memorable characters and relationships will leave this show forever in my top ten. This show makes you laugh, cry and fall in love with every single character. It’s amazing.
10. How I Met Your Mother
I just recently started watching this show (Yeah, I know, I’m behind, this show has been on forever) but I watched it all over Christmas break and fell in love. Sure, it’s not the most appropriate show at times and I deeply wish sex wasn’t discussed so casually but overall it’s hilarious. And it leaves me quite curious as to who the heck Ted ends up marrying.
Honorable Mention Tv Shows:
– Once Upon a Time
– New Girl
Once a month, both our RA’s have the duty of making several bulletin boards for our dorm floor. They can be on anything really and are usually quite entertaining. This month, one of the bulletin boards is “Words of Wisdom from Dwight K. Schrute”, obviously, being a huge fan of the Office, this bulletin board has filled me with great happiness inside and inspired me to write a post of my all time favorite quotes from Dwight Schrute.
– “I don’t care what Jim says. That is not the real Benjamin Franklin! I am 99% sure.”
– “I signed up for Second Life about a year ago. Back then, my life was so great that I literally wanted a second one. In my second life I was also a paper salesman and I was also named Dwight. Absolutely everything was the same. Except I could fly.”
– ” ‘R’ is among the most menacing of sounds. That’s why they call it murder and not mukduk.”
– “I do not accept your surrender. There’s only one way that I would ever relent: You hit Pam in the face with a snowball, while I watch”
– Jim Halpert: OK, with all due respect to everyone here, I think the most worthy opponent of you is you.
Dwight Schrute: That is correct. Unless there happened to be measles present.
Jim Halpert: So let’s just say that Dwight has come at you with the throat punch. Now how would you, Dwight, defend against it?
Dwight Schrute: Easy. Allow me to demonstrate. I am attacking myself with a throat punch. Here it comes. [gives himself a fake throat punch] Block. Grasp wrist as such. [grasps wrist]
Jim Halpert: And what if he comes at you with the other hand, because he does have two.
Dwight Schrute: Good point. Second, throat punch, absorb the blow. [gives himself another throat punch and proceeds to both attack and defend himself] Groin punch, hip block, elbow to the gut. Uh oh, up to the nose. No, you’re not. Ow! Oh!
Jim Halpert: Oh my God, he’s making you look like such a fool.
Dwight Schrute: He really is, but not for long. [steps on foot] Ow! Instep, oh, not again. [more screaming] You let go, you let go. Oh, you’re right, I can’t hold on.
Jim Halpert: You two are so evenly matched I don’t know how one of you is going to get the upper hand.
Dwight Schrute: The important thing to remember Jim… we always have what is called the element of surprise. [hits himself in the groin and moans]
– Jim Halpert: I don’t have a ton of contact with the Scranton branch, but before I left I took a box of Dwight’s stationary. So, from time to time I send Dwight faxes. From himself. From the future.
[as Jim reads the letter the camera cuts to Dwight reading]
‘Dwight, at eight a.m. today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, future Dwight.’
Dwight Schrute: Nooo! [knocks coffee out of Stanley’s hand] You’ll thank me later.
– Ryan: Did you see Saw?
Dwight: Of course I seesaw, Mose and I seesaw all the time.
– “I am faster than 80% of all snakes.”
– “I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor’s dog.”
– “When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered that I had reabsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No, I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby.”
– “For several weeks, my Secret Santa has been giving me pieces of a machine that I’ve been attempting to assemble. I’m suspicious of this because I had the exact same idea … for catching Osama bin Laden. I would simply send him a different piece each day. He would assemble it, only to find himself… IN JAIL!”
– “I never smile if I can help it. Showing one’s teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.”
– “It’s good to be paranoid. People need to be more paranoid. Case in point, JFK. If I had been JFK, I would’ve seen all three gunmen. I would’ve pulled out my concealed Luger and fired first. Man in book depository, boom! Grassy knoll, boom! Fake Jackie, boom! Then I’d shoot myself, so I don’t change history and create a paradox, boom! But right at the last-minute I twist out-of-the-way of the bullet. Nice try, history. Better luck next year.”
– “I have been Michael’s number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We’re like one of those classic famous teams. He’s like Mozart and I’m like Mozart’s friend. No, I’m like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you’re gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy”
– “Would I ever leave this company? Look, I’m all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I’m being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I’m going wherever they value loyalty the most.”
– “In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, ‘Ow, I hurt my leg. I can’t run. A lion eats me. I’m dead.’ Well, I’m not dead. I’m the lion. You’re dead.”
I am so glad it’s finally the weekend! This week has been extremely busy and I’m so glad it’s over!
So, last night marked the beginning of the end of an era for me. I have been a huge fan of the Office for quite some time now and in fact, before I found Doctor Who I would’ve said without a doubt it would always be my favorite TV show. As some of you might know, Steve Carell is leaving the Office this season and last night’s episode was about his replacement coming in and seeing his way around the Office. For now, his replacement is being played by Will Ferell though rumor is that he will only stay on for the remainder of this season and another replacement will take over the beginning of next season. I personally hope this rumor is true. Will Ferell is ok but he’s just not my favorite and his humor is completely different than that of the Office. The episode started off making me like Will Ferell but by the end of the episode I hated him. Though I do have to say I enjoyed the episode a lot, I just don’t like Will Ferell’s character at all…
But I will continue to give it a chance so I guess we’ll see what happens.
Are any of you fans of the Office? If so, how do you feel about the change?
Last night was a new episode of the Office, finally, after three weeks of not having an episode, I was a bit excited. It ended up being without a doubt the sweetest episode ever! Who knew that Michael Scott could be so romantic?
I’ve been watching the Office for several years and it’s without a doubt one of my favorite shows! It’s brilliantly written, hilarious and has amazing actors! Obviously since I am such a fan, I was quite upset to find out that Steve Carell was planning on leaving the show after this season. Michael Scott makes the Office, what concerns me the most about this though is that they’re planning on continuing the show without him, I’m just not sure how that’s going to work out. I will of course still watch it but I don’t anticipate it being nearly as good! There’s been talk about Will Ferell replacing Carell and if that happens I’m not sure I would continue. To be honest I’m not a huge fan of Ferell but my main problem is he has a significantly different type of humor than the Office has. More recently however it has come out that Will Arnett might be joining the cast, that would make my life. Not even kidding. I love Will Arnett, while no one can quite replace Steve Carell, Will Arnett could come close.
Moral to the story, I look forward to seeing how they continue the show and hopefully it’ll be good. :)
For now, I look forward to seeing the rest of this current season!
Since I’m sick, I really haven’t done anything today except watch the Office, Arrested Development and Pushing Daisies. (3 of the best show ever of course!) so, since I’ve had so much extra time, I decided to make a list of some of my all time favorite Office quotes. Please enjoy! :)