As much as I listen to and love music, there are very rarely CDs that I like every single song on and don’t skip on occasion. The following is a list of the few CDs I’ve come across that are perfect and that I can listen to endlessly without ever skipping a song.
1. Mumford & Sons – Sigh No More
2. Skillet – Comatose
3. NEEDTOBREATHE – The Outsiders
4. The Fratellis – Costello Music
5. You Me at Six – Hold Me Down
6. You Me at Six – Take Off Your Colours
7. You Me at Six – Sinners Never Sleep
8. Skillet – Awake
9. Relient K – Mmhmm
10. Panic! At the Disco – A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out (For the record I pretty much feel this way about all 3 of Panic’s CDs, so good.)
First off, I’m sooo sorry I didn’t write yesterday! Out of nowhere our internet broke, I went to get on Facebook and it wouldn’t work. Basically I went about 36 hours without Facebook, WordPress, Tumblr, Twitter and/or Netflix. Sad to say, it was terrible, which shows I’m addicted…. But anyways, without further ado, here is a playlist I made inspire by Severus Snape and Lily Evans/Potter from Harry Potter. Though I of course LOVE Lily and James together, there’s a part of me that wishes things had turned out differently between Snape and Lily, how they were always best friends as children and how much he absolutely adored her makes me kinda ship the two.
1. Always by Panic! At the Disco, I feel like even with the title this song is basically self-explanatory. “It was always you”. Love it.
2. Kiss the Girl by Chameleon Circuit. Just the theme of the song makes me think a lot about Lily and Snape, “She’s not my girlfriend, she’s just a friend who’s a girl, she’s my buddy, she’s my best mate. She rocks my world, I wanna tell her, but I just can’t find the time or find the words.”
3. A Day Late by Anberlin. “So let me get this straight
You say now you loved me all along
What made you hesitate
To tell me with words what you really feel
I can see it in your eyes you mean all of what you say, I remember so long ago, see I felt that same way, Now we both have separate lives and lovers (and lovers),Insignificantly enough we both have significant others” Obviously this one’s not quite accurate but I like to think that before James and Lily were a couple, and before Snape got into the Dark Arts and called Lily a Mudblood, that they were a couple. Also, obviously Snape doesn’t have a significant other unless you count his “Loyalty” to Voldemort.
4. I Love You More Than You Will Ever Know by NeverShoutNever. Just even the title I feel is how Snape felt about Lily.
5. Lousy Truth by NeverShoutNever. Also a perfect song for the two, “Girl, I’ve been thinking a lot about who we could have been if i was back home just chilling with you and all my friends.
But dear I’m gone and that’s the lousy truth. For the past 3 years
I swear I’ve been a better man
than who I’ve become I know, I know, I know I let you down But I’ve been gone
for too d**n long.”
I feel like this is exactly how Snape felt after joining Voldy.
6. Simple Enough by NeverShoutNever. Last Christofer Drew song here I promise but they just work so well!
“And if I was a sailor I’d sail the seven seas to tell you baby I don’t want you to leave. You see this world is such a sad place and without your pretty face I’m sure it’s gonna wind up much worse.
7. Look After You by the Fray. Every single line in this song makes me think of Snape. “If I don’t say this now I will surely break
As I’m leaving the one I want to take
Forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate
Oh, oh, Be my baby Ohhhhh Oh, oh
Be my baby I’ll look after you”
8. Anyone Else But You by the Moldy Peaches. Kind of a quirky song but it’s kinda cute and I can totally see Snape thinking this about Lily. :) “I don’t see what anyone can see in anyone else, but you.”
9. And I Love Her by the Beatles. I see this song being about Lily and Snape had they worked out. “A love like ours, could never die. As long as I have you near me.” After all this time? Always.
10. Obviously by McFly. For sure Snape’s thoughts. :) “But so many nights now. I find myself thinking about her now.’Cause obviously,
She’s out of my league. But how can I win She keeps draggin’ me in and
I know I never will be good enough for her.”
11. All About You by McFly. In the cheesy fan fiction that I read, this is how Lily and Snape are, and I think it’s adorable. “Yesterday, you asked me something I thought you knew. So I told you with a smile ‘It’s all about you’
Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too, Say ‘If you make my life worthwhile, it’s all about you. And I would answer all you’re wishes, if you asked me to. But if you deny me one of your kisses, don’t know what I’d do.
So hold me close and say three words, like you used to do. Dancing on the kitchen tiles, it’s all about you.”
12. Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows. Another one that makes me think this is how Snape was feeling. “So she said what’s the problem baby
What’s the problem I don’t know
Well maybe I’m in love (love)
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can’t stop thinking ’bout it
How much longer will it take to cure this Just to cure it cause I can’t ignore it if it’s love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don’t know nothing ’bout love”
Let me know what you thought of my list and tell me if you have any I should add! :)
Ok so as I’ve said before, music is pretty much my life! It doesn’t really matter what kind, as long as it’s not country or rap (or Justin Beiber!) but I just love music. So, for today’s post, I’m going to post my top 25 favorite bands/musicians. :)
1. Panic! At the Disco – I just love them, they’re absolutely amazing! Though I’m sad that Ryan and John left now but Brendon and Spencer are still amazing.
Favorite Song: Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met), Sarah Smiles or When the Day Met the Night
2. You Me at Six – They’re not a very well known band but I absolutely love them. I listen to them ALL the time, seriously if I had to pick one band to listen to for the rest of my life, they would probably be it. They pretty much tie with Panic! for my all time favorite band. :)
Favorite Song: Playing the Blame Game
3. Fall Out Boy – Even though they’ve been broken up for a while now, they will always be one of my favorites. They’re just so good!
Favorite Song: Thnks fr th Mmrs
4. NeverShoutNever – Technically this is just one guy and not an actual band as the title may suggest but he’s absolutely amazing! I love Christofer Drew Ingle. :)
Favorite Song: First Dance
5. Breathe Carolina – There’s something about this band that just makes me so absolutely happy inside. I love them!
Favorite Song: Velvet
6. Regina Spektor – The perfect indie/hipster singer. Amazing.
Favorite Song: Us
7. Vampire Weekend – Again, perfect hipster/indie band. They make me happy. :)
Favorite Song: The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance
8. Mayday Parade – One of my friends introduced me to them a few years back and immediately I fell in love with their songs!
Favorite Song: Black Cat
9. Temper Trap – I first heard their song Sweet Disposition on a Diet Coke commercial and later on the movie (500) Days of Summer and absolutely fell in love. I don’t know of any other band that sounds like them!
Favorite Song: Sweet Disposition
10. The Ready Set – Also not a band but just a guy, Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy discovered him and he is amazing!
Favorite Song: Love Like Woe
11. Bishop Allen – Another hipster/indie band that is all kinds of wonderful!
Favorite Song: The News From Your Bed or Click, Click, Click, Click
12. McFly – I don’t actually know a lot of their songs but I first heard about them from the Lindsay Lohan movie Just My Luck. I wasn’t actually a huge fan of the movie but I LOVE the band! They’re amazing!
Favorite Song: I’ve Got You
13. Skillet – A Christian Rock band that started quite a while ago but I first fell in love with them when their cd “Comatose” came out. It’s one of the only CDs that I like all of it, there’s not one song on there I don’t like. Brilliant, brilliant band!
Favorite Song: Those Nights
14. Emery – A little more hardcore than more of the stuff I listen to now but I absolutely adore them (Wow, I’ve realized through typing this that I say absolutely a lot…) All of their stuff is just so great!
Favorite Song: Listening to Freddy Mercury
15. Anberlin – Another great Christian rock band. I haven’t listened to most of their stuff but they’re so good!
Favorite Song: Audrey, Start the Revolution
16. Passion Pit – Definitely different than most bands I’ve ever heard of but I was introduced to them at church camp a few years ago. They’re brilliant.
Favorite Song: Sleepyhead
17. All Time Low – Another one that I was introduced to by one of my best friends. They’re amazing.
Favorite Song: Dear Maria, Count Me In
18. Chameleon Circuit – Here is part of my nerdiness coming out again. This is definitely a British “trock” band that makes songs about Doctor Who. I don’t care what everyone thinks, they’re an amazing band. :)
Favorite Song: Exterminate Regenerate, Don’t Blink, Doctor What, The Big Bang 2
19. Matt and Kim – Super hipster/indie and outstandingly amazing!
Favorite Song: Turn This Boat Around
20. Florence and the Machine – Again I don’t know a whole lot of their songs but I love what I’ve heard!
Favorite Song: The Dog Days are Over
21. MGMT – A different sound than I’ve ever heard but amazing nonetheless.
Favorite Song: Kids and Electric Feel
22. Muse – I actually don’t own any of their songs but listening to my friends iPods and such I’ve fallen in love with them.
Favorite Song: Supermassive Black Hole
23. Buddy Holly – An oldie but a goodie as they say. I love him!
Favorite Song: Everyday
24. The Beatles – Another old one but oh so good!
Favorite Song: I Wanna Hold Your Hand
25. Charlie McDonnell. Yes, he is a British, YouTubing 20 year old but he is still super amazing and writes hilarious songs.
Favorite Song: A Song About Love (but you should also check out A Song About Acne, it’s hilarious!)
A few bands I love but I don’t know enough of their songs to list here:
A Fine Frenzy – Check out Electric Twist
Two Door Cinema Club – Something Good Can Work Out
Mumford and Sons – The Cave
Mumma-Ra – She’s Got You High
Wolfmother – Vagabond
Well, today I had my training for my job (well, most of it! More to come tomorrow!) and it went pretty well. Mostly, they just talked about how to treat the customers and how we should all be fast at fixing food and stuff like that. (For those of you who didn’t know, I’m working at a Dennys “Fresh Express” which is basically Dennys without the sitdown part…) I’m a little nervous about it, I hope I’ll be able to catch on quickly and learn how to make delicious breakfast items! :) The food they showed us certainly looked wonderful! :)
The rest of my day was spent in class and practicing my acting scene for my acting class. Up until supper, I hardly had a chance to breathe all day, it was no fun at all! I hate being so busy! Now however I’m settled down with a nice cup of Vanilla Chai tea, listening to Panic! At the Disco and Charlie McDonnell (Including Chameleon Circuit) songs doing my homework for acting and for my job. Yes, I got homework for my job. Weird, right? I have to look through the Dennys handbook thing to find all the ingredients for all the food and write it all down. This could take a while. Then later tonight I have Bible study which I always look forward to! :) And of course, I’m sure at least one episode of Doctor Who will be watched before the night’s end! ;)
My Playlist for Tonight:
Let’s Kill Tonight – Panic! At the Disco
Hurricane – Panic!
Sarah Smiles – Panic!
Trade Mistakes – Panic!
A Song about Love – Charlie McDonnell
Duet with Myself – Charlie McDonnell
Exterminate Regenerate – Chameleon Circuit
Bittersweet – Panic!
Oh Glory – Panic!
Have a lovely evening everybody!
Not a lot has changed since last I wrote but I thought I’d get a post in today anyways. Today I went running again which was lovely (but a bit more difficult today due to the large amount of wind we had) and I obsessively listened to Panic! At the Disco’s new cd, which has also been lovely! Then, I did some of my large amount of homework for the week, which was not fun. I swear, I have more homework to do over Spring Break than I have ever had at any time when I was actually at school! It’s ridiculous. But all well, I suppose I’ll get it all done. Especially since I can’t watch Doctor Who over the break, I suppose that’ll help me out a lot here really, I won’t have much else I can do but write my papers…
I also got to go hang out with one of my best friends which was lovely because I hadn’t seen her since Christmas break! Which is much to long a time to go without seeing a dear friend… It was lots of fun. :)
I suppose that’s all I have to say for the day except if you haven’t listened to Panic! At the Disco’s new CD, go do so right now! It’s brilliant!
Also, please enjoy this amazing video I found on YouTube last night! It’s really, really brilliant! Enjoy! :)
Yep, that’s right, for the first time in my whole life (no I’m not even exaggerating here at all) I went running. I’m actually feeling really proud of myself for it and I feel a lot better about myself. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it but I plan on becoming an F.B.I. agent and so obviously, I need to be in pretty good shape for that so I just said, what the heck, I’m gonna get in shape now! So, for about a week I’ve been doing some lunges (Which was KILLING me last week!) and some sit-ups and starting today, running. I plan on doing it as close to every day as I can from now on out and I’m really gonna try to keep this up. I went slow today so I wouldn’t be like dying in the morning and do my normal, “Oh my gosh, WHY did I thing exercising was a good idea?” because I normally way over-do it the first day of working out then not do it for months.. Which is not a good way to be obviously. So I’m taking this slow and I have some people who are going to try to keep me accountable! My goal here is to get in shape and get some good endurance for running and of course, losing some of my thighs would be a wonderful thing too! :)
The only other exciting thing that’s happened to me today is I started watching the show Scrubs which, as many of my friends have told me for years is wonderful and hilarious! I love it! Since I can’t watch Doctor Who for a week since I watch it with my friend Shelby, I needed something new to watch now so I wouldn’t completely go into withdrawals. Because yeah, I am that addicted to TV. :P
The last thing I’ll say tonight is Panic! At the Disco’s new CD is FINALLY out. Technically, you can’t buy the CD til tomorrow but I pre-ordered mine on iTunes and it’s downloading as we speak. I just finished listening to the bonus tracks and they’re amazing! Oh! Glory, fantastic song! As are Bittersweet and Stall Me! I think Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met) is still my favorite song off the album though but they’re all so amazing, I can’t even decide!
Oh, I accidentally lied, I do have one last thing to say, as of today, filming for the Hobbit, the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, directed by Peter Jackson has FINALLY started! It took many, many years and lots of problems but it has finally started and I for one, cannot wait til it’s finished! I’ve waited years for this, and you’d better believe I’ll be at the midnight premiere for it. Dressed as an elf. Because that’s how I roll. :)
That’s really all now!
Ok, so I just absolutely adore Panic! At the Disco, they’ve been my favorite band for several years now and a few years back, like many others, I was heart-broken when Ryan and Jon left the band. I was however a little happier to find out that Brendon and Spencer were still going to stay together as Panic! and continue to make music. (I’m also happy to listen to Ryan and Jon’s new band the Young Veins, but while I love them, they’re just not Panic!…) So, because of my love for Panic!, I have recently been excited to find out that on the 22nd of this month, they are releasing their third studio album, Vices and Virtues. They released the first single from the album, “The Ballad of Mona Lisa” a little over a month ago and it quickly became my number one played song on iTunes while I have been desperately awaiting the release of the album. Today, I was surprised and pleased to find out that they are currently streaming the entire CD on Facebook for all to listen to while we’re waiting to actually be able to own it. Needless to say, that’s what I have been listening to all day and I have to say, they did not disappoint, the CD is wonderful! As the day went on and I continued listening to their brilliance, I was also happy to find out that Vices and Virtues became a trending topic on Twitter. This CD is just absolute brilliance! My favorite songs (though I really love them all!) “Let’s Kill Tonight”, “Hurricane”, and possibly my all-time favorite Panic! song, “Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met)”. They’re amazing! “Nearly Witches” was released several years back on a mix tape under the fake band name “The Paul Revere Jumpsuit Apparatus” however their was only about a minute of the song released. Ever since then however I have been in love with the song completely and the full version of it did not disappoint at all. I’m quite excited for next week when the CD is actually released and as foolish as it might seem since I’m a poor college student, as soon as I can find a place to buy an iTunes gift card, I plan on pre-buying the CD on iTunes, where I can also get several bonus songs. I wish I could afford their deluxe pre-buy special on their website but I just can’t. I look forward to owning the CD though.
You should all go check it out, it’s wonderful!
Panic! At the Disco – Vices and Virtues