It had been 2 1/2 weeks since I’d seen you. Not long, for some, but for us, it’s forever. Us, that during the school year were completely inseparable, always at each others sides, you being gone is hard, but worth it when we’re reunited.
I had been excited all day, anxious for the work day to be over and then when it was done, too excited to focus on anything else. This was it, I was finally getting to see you again, almost a week after I realized, I didn’t just like you a lot, I was actually in love. I didn’t know if you would feel the same, and I didn’t know if I should tell you, but what I did know, is being with you is my favorite place to be.
I got off work and it was still 2 hours til you arrived. I thought that would be fine, I could just read some of my book and wait patiently. Nope. Too excited. I could watch Game of Thrones to pass the time. Nope. Still unable to concentrate. I texted Tia, begging her to come over to distract me, she did and when Sonjay got off work, he came too to hang. It was a fun time, we talked, laughed, passed the time, but still, I was too excited to be entertained by anything but you.
As you got closer, I got more excited and more anxious about how much I love you, I wasn’t sure how to approach it, or even whether I should, because why would you love me back? The fact that you even think I’m worth dating is a miracle at all. No, I would just leave it alone and see what happened this week. After all, this is the first time since school ended we have had more than one day together, I would just see what happened.
You called and said you were downstairs, needing to be let in. I ran down the flight of stairs to greet you and you wrapped me in the most wonderful hug, just like I had imagined. You kissed me softly, showing how you’d missed me and I kissed you back. Two weeks really is too long.
We went back upstairs to be with our friends. After that, we went to Sonic to get a later dinner, the four of us laughing and hanging out, just like we used to. It was perfect and I was so, so happy.
Because you were staying at Sonjay’s and it’s too far for me to walk there from my apartment, I stayed there too. We went to bed fairly early, wanting to catch up and talk and cuddle, it was wonderful. We got ready for bed, closed the door and just held each other for a while, enjoying each others company and we told each other how much we had missed the other. You turned off the light as we prepared to climb into bed but hugged me once more, and as we hugged and I thought how happy I was, and how perfect I felt, you paused and whispered that you loved me.
I couldn’t, and still can’t believe it. I’ve fallen in love and you fell too. I never thought it would happen. I didn’t even want to date you because I didn’t think love existed. I didn’t think anything could work out. I didn’t even think I was worth noticing. But you told me you would wait til I was ready and you told me you would always care.
You convinced me I’m worth loving, and through that, I’ve found something I never thought I would.
Since two nights ago, we’ve probably said I love you a hundred times, but that doesn’t change the gravity of it, the importance of it, and how lovely it is to hear that I am loved by you.
Thank you, and I love you.
I’ve missed you.
It’s been too long since I held your hand
Since I felt you next to me,
Since our lips brushed,
Since we laughed over nothing
Tonight that changes.
Once again we’ll be together,
Once again we’ll be inseparable,
If only for a little while
I’ll be back where I’m supposed to be
In your arms
Feeling you beside me
I know in my last post I sounded a bit angsty which happens increasingly at this time of year so I do very much apologize for that. I’ll try to keep my angst to a minimum for a while but sometimes I just have to talk about it. I also would like to thank all of you lovely people who commented on said post, you all encouraged me so much and just made me feel a lot better about everything. After I posted that Tuesday night, I went to Bible study where I was encouraged also and came back and had some really good talks with some friends in my dorm. Yesterday after all the encouragement I had received, while I was still feeling a little down, overall I felt much better. There’s just sort of a peace God has over me, I know He has a plan, I know I just need to be patient and I know that in time everything will be clear. Obviously I still don’t know what that plan is but yesterday was just really lovely because of my feeling of peace and patience (both of which I need to feel more often!). The weather is getting cold again which usually makes me a bit depressed because I really don’t like winter but this year I’ve told myself I’m not going to complain about it as much and I’m going to look for the good things about the season. One of my friends actually inspired me to feel this way even though I’m pretty sure he has no idea he did. I just realized that you know what, God made this weather I should toughen up and try to enjoy it. Thinking about it I’ve thought of several things enjoyable about this time of year, hot chocolate, coffee and tea are always nice and lets face it, there’s no point drinking hot drinks all the time if it’s hot outside too. I love to wear hats and scarves so the weather provides the perfect opportunity for that. You don’t get all hot and sweaty when it’s cold outside so you’re not miserable in that way. For people who have the opportunity I suppose it’s nice cuddling weather outside (I obviously don’t have this right now but maybe someday I will and it sounds like it would be nice. :D). My birthday is in a month which is always exciting. There’s something fresh and nice feeling about the fall air, it just feels like something good could happen at any moment (Not the bitterly cold air mind you, just the nice, brisk, fall air). The leaves turn all pretty colors. Everyone gets to wear their cute fall clothes.
Ok, so maybe it’s not the longest list but considering my hatred of the cold, I’d say it’s a good start and I’ll work at enjoying this time of year more right now. So, as you can probably tell I still am feeling much less angsty and just completely in love with God, which is how I should be feeling all the time. God is amazing and blesses me in so many ways, really when you look at the big picture, I don’t have anything to be angsty about.
I guess that’s all I have to say for the day, I’m sure I’ll be back to being a bit angsty sometime and I’m sure that despite my resolution I will continue to complain about the cold and the wind but I really am trying.
I hope you’re all doing well and thanks as always for reading!
I know I’ve touched on this in the past and I apologize for repeating myself, I really do try to not write about it too much so I don’t get annoying but it’s been weighing heavily on my mind that I just needed to get it out.
I know I’m only 19 and I have a lot of my life left to look for love and such, trust me, I’ve heard it all and I know it to be true. I know I have time. I know God has an amazing plan for me. I know all that, and I trust that God has perfect timing for me, I really do, but sometimes, I just want a guy to have to talk to about anything, to be there no matter what, a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, my soul mate. And yeah, I have that in several guy friends and in a lot of girl friends but I want a boyfriend to do that. To hold me when I need it, to just give me a hug for no reason, to tell me I’m beautiful and so many other reasons. I’m sorry for being sappy again, I’m sure it’s annoying but its what I want with all of my heart. I just want somebody to love. So many of my friends are coupling up that I can’t help but be lonely. It’s not even that I’m jealous of them because I’m not, I’m so happy that they’ve found somebody. I just can’t help but wonder when it’ll be my turn. I want someone to be all cutesy and lovey dovey gross with. I want to have my chance at romance. I’m not asking for my life to be some sappy chick flick. Far from it actually, chick flicks usually annoy me, I just want love.
Right now, I don’t even have anyone that I’m really crushing on. Not anyone tangible I mean, though I’m still holding out hope for Charlie McDonnell (Charlieissocoollike on YouTube). But really, at college I don’t even have any guy friends except two of the guys from my High School and some people from my acting class. And they’re not even people I’ve hung out with really, the two guys from High School give me rides to church sometimes and the people in my acting class were just that, people I hung out with in acting class. I don’t even know if any of them would want to hang out outside of class. And besides, honestly I’m not interested in any of those guys or any of the guys back at home. Which is a pity, I mean, I have some super awesome, amazing, brilliant guy friends here at home. I just don’t see myself with any of them… I just want someone to love… I’m pathetic I know…
Well, I guess that’s all.
P.S. I’m all better now and tonight my little sister is treating me to a concert with The Afters and Sanctus Real, two amazing Christian Rock bands. It’ll be a great time! Just the two of us, I look forward to it.
P.S.S. My room smells like coffee because I made some in here earlier and it’s just wonderful and makes me a bit happy!
This year, we have had a very cold winter. Granted, it hasn’t been that long of a winter but it has been unbearably cold, which is much worse than having a long yet normal temperature weather. However, this week, it appears that at least for a bit, Spring is on it’s way. Yesterday it got up to about 70 and right now it is currently 69 degrees. Needless to say, the lovely weather is part of the reason I didn’t write yesterday, I was outside enjoying it and of course, taking pictures! Well, that and some thus far unsuccessful job-searching. But anyways, I decided that I should probably write today even if it was just a bit, mostly I wanted to talk about how lovely the weather is and how much I deeply enjoy it! I hope it’s starting to get warmer where all of you are as well!
Well, Happy Christmas to anyone who reads my blog! I hope you all had a lovely, wonderful day full of happiness and joy and remembering what the season is truly about.
My Christmas was full of cooking, cleaning, family and unfortunately a lot of bickering. But that’s just how it goes I suppose, nothing I can really do about it. I just have to think that it can’t stay like this forever, someday, it will eventually get better. Even if I have to wait til I get to Heaven, someday, it’ll be all worth it. The trials, the suffering, the pain and sorrow. It’ll all be gone someday. For now, I just have to wait through it. The good point of my day was talking to some friends that I love and miss deeply. It made me very happy to talk to them! Friends are the best! I love them.
As far as presents go, I got some pretty great ones, I got an awesome hat, a To Write Love on Her Arms shirt and wristband, 2 coloring books and various other items! It was lovely!
I also got to watch a Nightmare Before Christmas, which is a movie I enjoy deeply! And I got a lot of chocolate, something I also enjoy deeply!
Well, I suppose that’s really all I have to say for now..
Happy Christmas everyone! ( I enjoy saying Happy Christmas much more than saying Merry Christmas, though my sister hates it and keeps telling me that we’re not in England so I shouldn’t say that, but I really do like it better, always have!)
Ok so this summer when I was reading Harry Potter I found this wonderful collection of Harry Potter lists. :) The first one is a list of Harry Potter pickup lines that just make me smile and giggle a lot :) While I normally think that pickup lines are just cheesy and ridiculous, I think these are super cute and they make me happy :) There were more I found but they were real bad so I took them out :) The second list is 101 Ways to Annoy Voldemort. That list made me giggle as well. Enjoy!
- My heart’s splinched without you.
- If you were a basilisk, I wouldn’t mind dying just to look into your eyes.
- Are you a dementor? Because you send chills up my spine.
- I’m just like Oliver Wood, baby… I’m a keeper!
- If you were a Dementor I would turn criminal just to get your kiss.
- We may not be in Professor Flitwick’s class, but you still are charming.
- My love for you burns like a dying phoenix.
- Being without you is like being under the Cruciatus Curse.
- If I was to look into the Mirror of Erised, I would see the two of us together.
- What do you say we disapparate out of here.
- You must not be a Muggle, because you cast a spell on me.
- Are you using the Confundus charm or are you just naturally mind blowing?
- I must need Occlumency, because I can’t get you out of my thoughts.
- I might as well be under the Imperius curse, because I’d do anything for you.
- Your smile’s like expelliarmus: simple but disarming.
- Did you survive Avada Kedavra? ‘Cause you’re drop dead gorgeous.
- I need a pensieve because my head is filled with thoughts about you.
- I don’t need the mirror of Erised to know that you’re everything I desire.
- Did you use Relashio? ‘Cause there’s sparks between us.
- Did you slip some Firewhiskey into my drink, or are you just getting hotter?
Ways to Annoy Lord Voldemort
1. Ask him why he ‘doesn’t have such a cool scar?’
2. Laugh at him.
3. Wake him up by singing Beach Boys songs in his ear. ‘Round, round, get around, I get around…’
4. Knit him things. Really hideous things.
5. Give him kangaroo-ears for a month.
7. Chew bubblegum all the time. Should he address you, your only response will be a series of huge bubbles in quick succession, the last of which will burst everywhere and make a mess.
8. Dance the Funky Chicken.
9. Ask him when was the last time he took a bath.
10. Pat him on the head and give him flowers when his plans are foiled yet again.
11. If you ever need to say ‘Like taking candy from a baby’, be sure to add ‘Of course, SOME of us might find that harder than others.’ Stare pointedly at him.
12. Play ‘knock-&-run’ at his bedchamber door late at night.
13. Call him ‘The-man-who-let-the-boy-live’
14. Ask why the Dark Mark couldn’t look like something ‘more socially acceptable?’
15. Insist that you have met chunks of cheese with more cunning plans than his.
16. Pinch him. Make sure he squeals.
17. Be cheerful.
18. When he tries to impress you with his powers say ‘Awwwww, lookit. Voldie’s got a twiggle!’
19. Try to teach him to play a mouth organ.
20. Roll your eyes during plotting sessions and say things under your breath like ‘You’re the boss, boss’ or ‘It’s your funeral.’
21. Greet him in the mornings with a sarcastic ‘My sir, you look particularly menacing today.’
22. Taunt him about his middle name. ‘Marvolo? Whats that, a washing detergent?’
23. Keep a ‘good-behaviour chart’. Award points and give out gold stars.
24. Magic-marker Potter-style glasses on him while he sleeps.
25. Apparate into and out of his room rapidly. Do this non-stop for an hour. *poof* there *poof* gone *poof* there….
26. Play cards with him. Tell him he has no poker-face and how does he expect to rule supreme without one?
27. Let off party-poppers in his face whenever the urge strikes you.
28. ‘Did you even HAVE a girlfriend? Like, ever?’
29. Get a pair of finger puppets closely resembling himself and Harry Potter. Re-enact all of Harry’s victories over him in a spectacularly childish way. Be sure to give them both squeaky voices.
30. Anytime he enters any room, insist on entering first and announcing him grandly.
31. In these announcements, fake a trumpet noise and give him an equally fake drumroll.
32. Exclaim sarcastically ‘You’re breakin’ my little heart here, o dark one’ whenever he starts to talk of what has caused to become who he is.
33. Encourage him to ‘think happy thoughts!’
34. Ask him to give you written summaries of his sinister plots for revenge and war. Correct his spelling.
35. Mock his choice of Quirrel as a ‘host’.
36. Tell you think a yoga class could ‘cure him of his wicked ways’
37. Get the song ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ stuck in his head.
38. If he’s having evil-plotter’s-block in one of his scheming sessions ‘Wingardium Leviosa’ a light bulb to float above his head. Turn it on. Look offended when he gets angry and say you ‘thought you were helping!’
39. Tell him constantly to stop repressing his anger.
40. Buy him a stress ball.
41. Hint that he is only a character in a book and will never triumph.
42. Call him Tommy-boy.
43. If you’re feeling gutsy, call him Voldie-poo.
44. Whack him in the arm and say ‘mosquito’ – every few minutes.
45. Say he ‘looked better under the turban’
46. Eat his pet snake. Offer him some.
47. Endeavour to teach him to steeple his fingers, lean back and say ‘Eeeexcellent’.
48. Start drawing outlandish parallels between his life story and ‘Star Wars’. Talk at great length.
49. Be generally in awe of him and never look away.
50. ‘Imperius’ his Death Eaters into a rousing chorus of ‘All Things Bright And Beautiful’
51. Shower him with confetti and rice, anytime you think he needs to make a ‘grand entry’.
52. Paint all the Death-Eater masks with bright colours and glitter.
53. Throw him a ‘care-bears’ themed birthday party.
54. Tell him what Snape’s really up to.
55. Politely exclaim now and again that you ‘don’t know how he can be so afraid of dear old Dumbles’
56. Sing ‘California Dreamin’ at the top of your lungs when he’s trying to have an ‘evil moment’
57. Should you ever be eating with him – drum tunes with your cutlery, play with your food and blow bubbles in your chocolate milk.
58. Ask him to dance a polka with you.
59. Work cutesy phrases like ‘pushing-up-daisies’ and ‘smooth-as-a-baby’s-bottom’ into conversation as much as possible.
60. Ask him if he’s sure ‘the whole evil-maniac-out-for-power-and-revenge thing isn’t getting a bit old?’
61. Get him to play ‘Twister’ with you.
62. Tell him you know this great therapist in London….
63. Throw tupperware parties. Insist he sit through them.
64. Tell him you’ve met plently of people more evil than he.
65. Hide his teddy bear. That ALWAYS makes him cry.
66. Get him a plant. Act mortally offended when he doesn’t water it and it dies.
67. Steal, snap and bury his wand.
68. Tell him Lucius did it.
69. Give Rita Skeeter full knowledge of his whereabouts and contact details.
70. Remind him that he isn’t even really alive.
71. Write him a theme song. Start singing it whenever he is about to do or say something particularly clever and nasty.
72. Offer to sacrifice Draco Malfoy ‘to the cause’
73. Insist on reading him bedtime stories. Include ‘The Ugly Duckling’
74. Make vague allusions to Harry Potter being his son.
75. When he’s done something particularly nasty – cross your arms, waggle a finger and say ‘Now now, do you really think Salazar would have approved of that?’
76. Ask him how he can possibly wish to harm a single hair on the head of ‘that sweet, innocent, cute little boy.’
77. Tell him Wormtail has a crush on him.
78. Finish all your sentences with the words “in accordance with prophecy.”
79. Leave disgusting and rotting dead things near him. Insist that it is ‘Aromatherapy’
80. Begin any question you ask him with ‘Riddle me this!’ Emphasis on Riddle.
81. Do not EVER act in the slightest way intimidated by him. Treat him as you would an eccentric aquaintance.
82. Cuddle him at random moments.
83. Sign him up for Little-League.
84. Ask him why he’s afraid of a frail old man with a beard the size of a beehive and can’t fight babies.
85. Throw biscuits at him. Constantly.
86. Tell him you think evil master plans of world domination are ‘kind of girlie’
87. Quote Argus Filch. Insist HE will one day rule the wizarding world.
88. Wonder aloud whether the name Voldemort commands as much respect as, say, Potter or Dumbledore.
89. Mimic everything he says in a sing-song voice.
90. Mimic everything he does with exaggerated limb-movements.
91. Write sonnets for him.
92. Insist he help you with the newspaper crossword every morning.
93. Follow a few paces behind him, spraying everything he touches with a can of disinfectant.
94. Tell people he’s ‘really just a big softie’
95. Psychoanalyze him. Conclude that he is ‘mildy depressed’ and ‘a bit of a control-freak’.
96. Mock his baldness.
97. Smile and say loudly ‘Who loves you, Volders?’ at inopportune moments. (Ie: another of his attempted ‘evil moments’)
98. Get him drunk.
99. Drag out a banjo at Death Eater revels and start playing ‘Kumbayah’
100. Let him catch you trying on Death-Eater robes.
101. Be Harry Potter. Be alive.