From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– I will always be a kid at heart. I will play games and mess around with chips, ice cream, watch DVD copies of Harry Potter and will read YA books. I will run up and down the hill and dance under the rain and watch the stars at night. And please, don’t be a grumpy because I want to be silly with you. I want us to be kids and have fun and laugh out loud. I want to share these things with you because, well, you know why.
– I want to laugh with you and enjoy our life together.
I want to have fun and be spontaneous.
I want to make you smile and watch your eyes light up when you see me.
I want to love you and tell you so every day for the rest of our lives.
– Let’s travel the world together.
– Can we spend a quiet night in and watch Doctor Who together?
– I hope all is well with you right now because I’m very excited to meet you in the future! I’ll just here waiting for God to bring me to you or you to me.
– I spend every day feeling unwanted, unloved, and unbeautiful. I pray that someday you will come along and prove me wrong.
– Get ready for random dancing in public. I expect you to join in.
Dear Future Husband,
I hope you’re out there. I’m working on trusting God about you. I know He has a plan and I’m hoping that includes you someday. Sometimes I don’t believe and sometimes I get impatient. But God is good and I know He’ll take care of both of us.
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– As we keep on waiting, I pray that we may already practice 1 Corinthians 13. It’s not only about trusting each other, but trusting GOD’s PERFECT TIMING. Prayers, dear!
– I miss you even though I have no idea where you are or who you are. Life sucks without you.
– Let’s watch Anchorman and pee our pants laughing. But in a sexy way.
Ok, so basically I was raised in a church, my parents took me twice a week, that’s how I was raised. (Though I’ve now come to unfortunately doubt just how strong in their personal faiths my parents are due to their actions, I hope they’re truly Christians though.) When I was about 3, they took me to a Billy Graham crusade where I asked to be taken down for the altar call and accept Christ. Since I was so young, when I was about 9 I prayed again, with more of an understanding this time, really thinking about how I wanted to serve God.
For a while, I just went about my life, I obeyed my parents, never cussed, never drank, never did anything slightly rebellious at all but I also didn’t do anything fantastic either. I just lived and always made excuses about why I never went out my way to witness to people, “I might say the wrong thing, turn people away.” “I’m not good at speaking.” “God will use other people.” All those excuses are crap, as a Christian it is literally a command that I go out and tell people the good news, even though I don’t have all the answers nor am I good at speaking, it’s my job, God will take care of the rest.
Anyways, I got a little bolder at the end of high school, I had a really awesome Youth Group that helped me grow in my faith but I still wasn’t so keen on sharing but I continued in growth and fellowship.
Sophomore year of college, (Last year) completely changed everything. I had about 6 really close friends on my floor who were incredibly strong Christians and we spent so much time fellowshipping, worshipping and discussing our faith amongst ourselves and with others on my floor. One of them, Kyle, my RA, has the most incredible passion for Christ I’ve ever seen. People who hate God and Christians would go up and ask him about his faith because it’s so infectious and he just loves with the most incredible, God-like love I’ve ever seen. They all helped me last year, but Kyle helped me the most.
Seeing him and the way he loved everyone, made me want that too. I want to love like God does and bring everyone I possibly can to Him.
Throughout my life, though I’ve been incredibly blessed, I’ve also gone through a lot of crap. My parents are not… the most loving. We’ll say that. For years I’ve constantly heard things like how much I suck and how I’m the worst person imaginable and I’m a disappointment, a whole lot of verbal abuse that honestly I think comes partially from my mother possibly having a mental disorder. I don’t blame them for it because I don’t know if it’s intentional but it still hurts and has left me in a lot of pain and I’m damaged to say the least.
Going through all that stuff with my family has been so hard, especially in the past 5 years or so and there have been many times when I wasn’t sure if I could make it. I didn’t have the will to go on or the hope to see a way out or a future. I’ve hard dark times and while I’m not out of that depression to say the least, I have a bit of hope for the future just because of how faithful God has always been.
Even in little things, which to me mean more than big things, God has been faithful and has always shown Himself and how much He cared. Things like providing a job and housing for last summer when it appeared originally there would be nowhere. Things like bringing the closest friends I’ve ever met and the friends who have accepted me more tightly than a family would when people I thought were my friends left. Even smaller things, like finding a Loki t-shirt I had wanted for months on a super intense sale. God has been incredibly faithful and awesome through everything.
Because of that, that’s why I believe. That’s why through all my hard times I won’t give up. That’s why I trust in Him even when everything looks hopeless. I suck and am so unworthy of everything He’s blessed me with but He loves me and provides for me anyways.
I don’t know what I’d do without my faith and the people I love. I have been blessed.
Jeremiah 29:11 ~ “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
From the To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– I thought I would know exactly what I would type to you. I expected it to be nice and full of thought. But honestly, the thought of writing something to you, supposedly “addressed” to you, scares me. I expected to have a little paragraph typed out describing how I hope we would meet or something like that but.. I got nothin’… I just want you.
– My Marriage and Family professor taught us that a successful marriage consisted of satisfaction between husband and wife plus a length of at least seven years. I disagree. While that is a nice, concise formula to use, I believe that a successful marriage is one in which the husband and wife have allowed God to be the center of their marriage and have both recognized that He is the reason that their marriage is working. I can’t wait to have a real successful marriage with you. With love, your future wife.
– I’m excited for when you come home from work. We’ll watch TV and laugh all night. As simple as it sounds, I know everything will simply be better when it’s done with you.
– There’s a song by The Civil Wars called “To Whom It May Concern.” It’s perfect for us.
– I promise to always make you happy when you are sad, angry or annoyed. Because when you aren’t happy, that is the only thing on my mind and I cannot eat, work, talk, sleep or do anything else until I know that your happy again.
– I can spout all of the romantic words I want, but if my actions don’t back up my love language, it all means nothing.
– I’m praying for you.
– Help me change the world, won’t you?
– Recently I got to witness an amazing meteor shower. I couldn’t help but think of and wish for you the entire time. You know, I’ve always dreamed about one day going on a stargazing date. Just you, me, and a blanket out in the country watching the stars. We’d make up our own constellations and gasp breathlessly at the occasional shooting star. I wouldn’t have to wish for anything, cause you’d be there with me.
– I haven’t met you yet, but I think of you everyday.
– Kiss me whenever you want and I promise to do the same.
– I’m going to need you to have a sense of humor. Otherwise, this probably won’t work.
You know what? Even though I often get depressed, and hopeless and sad about things, I truly believe the future will be better. I think our generation has so many people like me, who are hurting, who feel unloved and who have parents that are just generally crappy and are surrounded by adults who seem to have forgotten the important things in life that when we grow up, it’s not gonna be like that. Our generation is gonna be full of love, real love. Not the facade so many adults seem to have. Our generation is gonna have love, and not be judgmental I know that part already. Look at people our age, we care, about important things and about rights for everyone. Our generation is active and wants to get out and change things and I think we can. Our generation is gonna be full of awesome adults, who care, who know what is important and who can be cool and have fun. And it’s gonna be full of adults with tattoos and piercings and nobody will care, it’ll be common and it’ll be awesome.
I have hope for the future, I really do.
I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.
– I know that I am nowhere near perfect and it breaks my heart when you get upset because I can’t see myself the way that you see me. Please understand that I have grown up being called ugly, fat worthless. That I have grown up being bullied by many, without love. I am trying so hard to be a bit more confident, to believe more in myself, but is hard to do so at times; especially when some of my demons live under the same roof as me. I hope that someday your confidence will rub off on me and that I will get to feel as beautiful as I am in your eyes. Most importantly, I want you to help me be strong when I can not be strong on my own, to hold my hand when I stand alone, to back me up when I’m facing a challenge, to hug me tight and guide me when I get lost in my thoughts.
– Some days we’ll do nothing but read and be together, and I’m alright with that. Your presence makes me happier than any other human’s.
– I’m not the type of woman that’s tied to traditions for the wedding ceremony. I want this to be our tradition and do whatever we think reflects us as a couple. I want us let loose, have fun, and just enjoy family, friends and each other’s company. Hope you’re okay with that :)
– I love you, now and for always. You are my goal, my aspiration. You are my greatest dream.
– When you meet me I want you to think I’m cute, but as you get to know me I want you to think I’m beautiful. And when you know me, I want you to fall madly and deeply in love with my heart. I’m praying for you, don’t be discouraged. I am patiently waiting for you.
– Please have a decent sense of humor. I can’t stand people who take life too seriously.
– When I first saw you, I had to get to know you,
When I got to know you, I knew that I’d found you
We slowly got closer and closer to each other
And then you told me how you feel
And I told you I feel the same way
We’re both kinda young still
But that only means our love will wait and grow stronger
Until one day we can be officially together
I promise I’ll try my best to be patient
And keep you close to me
But I’m letting you know now that you’re not easy to resist
And you drive me crazy because you’re perfect to me
But when and if God wills, one day,
He will make you mine.
I’ll be waiting.
– Pull at my heart and set my spirit free. You’re the only one I could ever want and the only one for me.
– This season of my life is really lonely. A lot of my friends and people I know are getting married. It is probably my fault that we’re not already together – I am nowhere near ready to be your wife. Please pray for me if you aren’t already. I can’t wait to be your best friend.
– Please wear bow-ties.
Dear Future Husband,
I dream of you, you know. I dream of what our love will be like and how incredible it will be to finally know you and love you and be with you. I dream and wonder who you are and I try to be patient and wait for God’s glorious, perfect timing.
I’m doing a bit better this summer, focusing on God, working on loving people how I should, spending time in ways to glorify God and I’m not as lonely as I started off. Even still, I can’t help thinking of you daily and missing you. I love you so much already. I know that this will just cause our love to be completely worth the way when we’re finally together though. :)
I want you to be my best friend, the one person on earth that I can tell everything to, the one person I know I can open my heart and soul up to and you won’t hurt me ever on purpose.
I have to admit, I do get worried that you like everyone else will come to the conclusion that I’m not worth it and that you’ll leave and sometimes I get really scared about it but I know that God will bring you, my soul-mate into my life and we’ll be perfect for each other. Sure, things won’t always be easy, we’ll fight, get on each others nerves and be stressed sometimes, but I know and trust that our love and faith in God will allow us to work through everything. God is good and together we can persevere through anything.
I love you and can’t wait to know you.
Hope Kristen ♥
From the To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– I’ll give more than I’ll receive.
– Please throw rocks at my window in the middle of the night to wake me up, and then take me out for donuts and coffee. We can watch the sun rise together.
– Can we build forts together…
and wear headlamps…
and watch movies laying on our sleeping bags?
– I will love you forever…but please know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.
– I don’t want you to search my body. I want you to search my soul. Don’t pull all your energy into pleasing my body. Put most of it into pleasing my heart. Don’t call me “babe” or “hot” or “shawty”. Call me “lover” and “beauty” and “soulmate”. Don’t treat me like I’m temporary. Treat me like I am forever.
My Sunshine, will you do these things as willingly and longingly for me as I will do for you? I long to meet you so I can explore your soul. I want to see who you are inside. My wanderlust is for your soul, not your body. I want to love who you are as a man and not your manhood.
Dearest, I love you. I love your heart and your soul and everything about you. I don’t know who you are, yet, but one day I will.
Until we meet,
~Your Future Wife~
– I want a love like Cory and Topanga’s. Yes I know that would mean that we would already have to know each other but.. I want you to be my absolute best friend before we fall in love. And I want you to always insist on our love lasting through anything and everything, even when I might disagree.
I love you already. Can’t wait to be yours. (This is the most true one I’ve found yet. Absolutely.)