Sorry I haven’t written since Monday, I’ve had some homework to do and work has been a bit busy, leaving me no time to write, plus, I haven’t really been inspired to say anything and for that I apologize! When I started writing this, I still didn’t have anything thoughts but my wonderful friend Devon gave me the splendid idea of writing about the different theories for 2012 and my thoughts about the subject.
Probably the most famous theory at this point is about the Mayans. I think we probably all know that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, what most people don’t realize however is that they never actually predicted the end of the world, it was simply the end of the calendar. And, it actually just is set up to start back over again at the end of it. Plus, how many times do calendars end? Um, every year. Do we all just assume that every time a calendar ends the end of the world is here? I sure hope not. Because that my friends would be ridiculous. My roommate’s Harry Potter calendar ended last December 31st but I wasn’t worried about it, (Just sad that we don’t have a new Harry Potter picture every month now) I just knew that meant a new year was starting. Silly conspiracy theorists.
The Bible Code Theory. Ok, so in this theory, Israeli mathematicians have supposedly come up with an algorithm to predict the end of the world according to the Bible. The biggest problem with this theory? God says that NO ONE but Him knows the date. Matthew 24:36 – “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself.t Only the Father knows.” So obviously that one’s out. I don’t care how smart these mathematicians are, God is smarter and all knowing and He’s the one who decides when it will end anyways!
The Nostradamus Theory. As most people know, Nostradamus was a prophet that made a lot of predictions in his life. Some have come true but many haven’t. Some of his predictions warned of terrible times in the years 1992, 2012 and 2014 warning of terrible natural disasters. Um, last I checked we didn’t have a terrible end of the world experience in 92 so why should we believe him about 2012 or 2014?
There are way more theories but I doubt you all want to read about all of them. But anyways, in my opinion, none of these theories seem at all logical. And, in the words of my dear Charlie McDonnell, “Remember: Always deny the apocalypse because you’ll usually be right; and when you’re wrong, nobody will be around to say, “I told you so.” ”
If any of you are interested in more theories, I got my information from http://www.the2012theories.com/ and from Charlie’s video about the end of the world.
Hopefully you enjoyed this post!
Well, 2012 is here. I rung in the new year at a friends house watching the ball drop in New York and playing Just Dance on the Wii. It was a great time and I’m glad to have such wonderful people to spend the New Year with!
I know in yesterdays post I didn’t want to go into stereotypical things for an end of the year blog post but I decided maybe I should post a few things about my year in 2011, there were many ups and downs but for now I’ll try to stay with the positive mostly. :)
New Things I experienced:
– Had my heart broken for the first time
– Was comforted and encouraged by my wonderful friends in my time of hurt
– Met some of my best friends at college
– Discovered (and fell in love with) Doctor Who
– Experienced and celebrated (and cried) for the end of Harry Potter
– Became a Nerdfighter
– Watched Alex Reads Twilight
– Fell in love with Charlie McDonnell, Alex Day, Sons of Admirals and Chameleon Circuit
– Stayed up til 5am to be a Beta member of Potter (Hufflepuff represent yo!)
– Made and became addicted to my Tumblr
– Met some wonderful people on Tumblr and WordPress
– Learned who my real friends were, unfortunately causing me to lose some friends but the my real friends are amazing
– Pretended to be a fake RA with my friend Jared running around in capes and lightsabers
– Learned to stand up for myself
– Started exercising and lost weight
– Had eggnog for the first time
– Became slightly more decisive
– Watched a lot of must see movies I had never seen
– Started playing Words with Friends
– Cut off all my hair
– Had amazing heart-to-heart conversations with my dorm floor and learned so much about myself and my relationship with God
– Became closer to God and stronger in my faith
– Read Blue Like Jazz (Donald Miller) and Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis) – Books that have changed my life (I’ll write more on those later)
– Helped the Nermie Army, Nerdfighteria and the internet get Alex Day’s song, “Forever Yours” to number 4 in the UK charts
– Like so many other Nerdfighters pre-ordered John Green’s “The Fault In Our Stars” (And I can’t wait to read it!)
Well, there’s my year in review. I hope you had as wonderful of a year as I did. There were definitely a lot of ups and downs but God is amazing and has done great things! I love you all!
Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2012!
Ok, so I had originally said that I would review the new Harry Potter movie today but I kind of ran out of time to do it as well as I would like so for today’s post I am going to be reviewing the Time Lord Rock band, Chameleon Circuit’s new CD, Still Got Legs.
For those of you who have no clue what Time Lord Rock is, it’s a genre of music based on the wonderful TV show, Doctor Who. Chameleon Circuit is my favorite Trock band (and one of my favorite bands in general) so I was thrilled when their new CD was released.
Now I’m sure that many of you are saying, “Really? A band about Doctor Who? How lame!” But really, the lyrics are amazing as are the vocals and the production of the music! You don’t even have to watch Doctor Who to understand the music, it’s just generally good stuff! Of course, if you do watch Doctor Who it’ll be exciting to hear all the references from the episodes!
The band includes several big name YouTubers, Charlie McDonnell (Charlieissocoollike), Alex Day (Nerimon), Liam Dryden (Little Radge), Edd Blann (EddPlant) and produced by Michael Aranda.
My favorite song on this new album is “Kiss the Girl” based on “The Lodger” episode from season 5 with Matt Smith. It’s a really sweet song with a catchy tune! Some other favorites are “Teenage Rebel” and “The Big Bang 2”.
I suggest all of you check it out! Both of their albums are really good! You can listen to the newest album here for free!: http://charliemcdonnell.com/music/
For more info, check out Charlie McDonnell’s new video!
Ok so as I’ve said before, music is pretty much my life! It doesn’t really matter what kind, as long as it’s not country or rap (or Justin Beiber!) but I just love music. So, for today’s post, I’m going to post my top 25 favorite bands/musicians. :)
1. Panic! At the Disco – I just love them, they’re absolutely amazing! Though I’m sad that Ryan and John left now but Brendon and Spencer are still amazing.
Favorite Song: Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met), Sarah Smiles or When the Day Met the Night
2. You Me at Six – They’re not a very well known band but I absolutely love them. I listen to them ALL the time, seriously if I had to pick one band to listen to for the rest of my life, they would probably be it. They pretty much tie with Panic! for my all time favorite band. :)
Favorite Song: Playing the Blame Game
3. Fall Out Boy – Even though they’ve been broken up for a while now, they will always be one of my favorites. They’re just so good!
Favorite Song: Thnks fr th Mmrs
4. NeverShoutNever – Technically this is just one guy and not an actual band as the title may suggest but he’s absolutely amazing! I love Christofer Drew Ingle. :)
Favorite Song: First Dance
5. Breathe Carolina – There’s something about this band that just makes me so absolutely happy inside. I love them!
Favorite Song: Velvet
6. Regina Spektor – The perfect indie/hipster singer. Amazing.
Favorite Song: Us
7. Vampire Weekend – Again, perfect hipster/indie band. They make me happy. :)
Favorite Song: The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance
8. Mayday Parade – One of my friends introduced me to them a few years back and immediately I fell in love with their songs!
Favorite Song: Black Cat
9. Temper Trap – I first heard their song Sweet Disposition on a Diet Coke commercial and later on the movie (500) Days of Summer and absolutely fell in love. I don’t know of any other band that sounds like them!
Favorite Song: Sweet Disposition
10. The Ready Set – Also not a band but just a guy, Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy discovered him and he is amazing!
Favorite Song: Love Like Woe
11. Bishop Allen – Another hipster/indie band that is all kinds of wonderful!
Favorite Song: The News From Your Bed or Click, Click, Click, Click
12. McFly – I don’t actually know a lot of their songs but I first heard about them from the Lindsay Lohan movie Just My Luck. I wasn’t actually a huge fan of the movie but I LOVE the band! They’re amazing!
Favorite Song: I’ve Got You
13. Skillet – A Christian Rock band that started quite a while ago but I first fell in love with them when their cd “Comatose” came out. It’s one of the only CDs that I like all of it, there’s not one song on there I don’t like. Brilliant, brilliant band!
Favorite Song: Those Nights
14. Emery – A little more hardcore than more of the stuff I listen to now but I absolutely adore them (Wow, I’ve realized through typing this that I say absolutely a lot…) All of their stuff is just so great!
Favorite Song: Listening to Freddy Mercury
15. Anberlin – Another great Christian rock band. I haven’t listened to most of their stuff but they’re so good!
Favorite Song: Audrey, Start the Revolution
16. Passion Pit – Definitely different than most bands I’ve ever heard of but I was introduced to them at church camp a few years ago. They’re brilliant.
Favorite Song: Sleepyhead
17. All Time Low – Another one that I was introduced to by one of my best friends. They’re amazing.
Favorite Song: Dear Maria, Count Me In
18. Chameleon Circuit – Here is part of my nerdiness coming out again. This is definitely a British “trock” band that makes songs about Doctor Who. I don’t care what everyone thinks, they’re an amazing band. :)
Favorite Song: Exterminate Regenerate, Don’t Blink, Doctor What, The Big Bang 2
19. Matt and Kim – Super hipster/indie and outstandingly amazing!
Favorite Song: Turn This Boat Around
20. Florence and the Machine – Again I don’t know a whole lot of their songs but I love what I’ve heard!
Favorite Song: The Dog Days are Over
21. MGMT – A different sound than I’ve ever heard but amazing nonetheless.
Favorite Song: Kids and Electric Feel
22. Muse – I actually don’t own any of their songs but listening to my friends iPods and such I’ve fallen in love with them.
Favorite Song: Supermassive Black Hole
23. Buddy Holly – An oldie but a goodie as they say. I love him!
Favorite Song: Everyday
24. The Beatles – Another old one but oh so good!
Favorite Song: I Wanna Hold Your Hand
25. Charlie McDonnell. Yes, he is a British, YouTubing 20 year old but he is still super amazing and writes hilarious songs.
Favorite Song: A Song About Love (but you should also check out A Song About Acne, it’s hilarious!)
A few bands I love but I don’t know enough of their songs to list here:
A Fine Frenzy – Check out Electric Twist
Two Door Cinema Club – Something Good Can Work Out
Mumford and Sons – The Cave
Mumma-Ra – She’s Got You High
Wolfmother – Vagabond
My day today has been absolutely, 100% unproductive. I didn’t even straighten my hair! I got up, threw on some clothes, got some breakfast and brought it into my friend Shelby’s room where we proceeded to watch TEN episodes of Doctor Who. Afterwards, we went to the mall where I bought my very first pair of Converse high tops! :) Then, the four of us that went (Shelby, Denise and Alex) also stopped at Walmart to buy some food and some iTunes giftcards so that all four of us could own ALL of Charlie McDonnell’s songs. Including from his own CD, Chameleon Circuit’s CD and Sons of Admirals EP. Needless to say, it’s been a FANTASTIC day!
Season 4 of Doctor Who is really good! So far I have to say that Season 3 is my favorite but I really do like them all! I think at this point I would rate them in order, Season 3,2,4 and then 1. :) Since we did watch 10 episodes, we’re almost done with season 4 but then we have the few specials that come in between season four and season five then all of season 5. Needless to say though, we are going to get caught up before the new season starts on the 23, for which I am very excited about!
Anyways, that is legitimately the only thing I have to write about!
I hope you all had as good a day as I did! :)
Well, today I had my training for my job (well, most of it! More to come tomorrow!) and it went pretty well. Mostly, they just talked about how to treat the customers and how we should all be fast at fixing food and stuff like that. (For those of you who didn’t know, I’m working at a Dennys “Fresh Express” which is basically Dennys without the sitdown part…) I’m a little nervous about it, I hope I’ll be able to catch on quickly and learn how to make delicious breakfast items! :) The food they showed us certainly looked wonderful! :)
The rest of my day was spent in class and practicing my acting scene for my acting class. Up until supper, I hardly had a chance to breathe all day, it was no fun at all! I hate being so busy! Now however I’m settled down with a nice cup of Vanilla Chai tea, listening to Panic! At the Disco and Charlie McDonnell (Including Chameleon Circuit) songs doing my homework for acting and for my job. Yes, I got homework for my job. Weird, right? I have to look through the Dennys handbook thing to find all the ingredients for all the food and write it all down. This could take a while. Then later tonight I have Bible study which I always look forward to! :) And of course, I’m sure at least one episode of Doctor Who will be watched before the night’s end! ;)
My Playlist for Tonight:
Let’s Kill Tonight – Panic! At the Disco
Hurricane – Panic!
Sarah Smiles – Panic!
Trade Mistakes – Panic!
A Song about Love – Charlie McDonnell
Duet with Myself – Charlie McDonnell
Exterminate Regenerate – Chameleon Circuit
Bittersweet – Panic!
Oh Glory – Panic!
Have a lovely evening everybody!
Because I think I am. Yep, that probably sounds creepy. I realize that but I really like Charlie McDonnell. Ok, love is too strong a word definitely since I don’t know him and he has no idea I exist but for real. I like this guy a lot… I had a dream the other day that when I moved to England (which in my dream was sometime next year…) I just like ran into him one day and we just clicked and became good friends. We hang out all the time and it was great fun. Then we sorta just fell in love. Sappy, yes, I realize that. Creepy? Quite possibly… but I like to think not! ;) Too bad that won’t happen… but I really wish it would! But I mean, if we did ever meet, I feel like we would be good friends! We’re a whole lot a like! Loving Doctor Who, neither of us drink or smoke and he’s super cute and funny and sweet. :) It would be great. *Cough* I’m done now.
Ok, this was a really ridiculous post and made me seem a bit of a stalker but whatever, I’m really not I promise!