Ok, so the title’s not quite true, I’m actually awesome at blogging – on Tumblr. Seriously, I post all the time on there. My actual problem is getting off… but on here I just seem to have run out of things to say on a regular basis so for anyone still reading this, I do apologize for my sporadic posting.
I’m not going to promise I’ll get better at it because frankly that’s a serious promise and we’d all probably be disappointed by the outcome. However, when the inspiration strikes, I promise I will write whatever comes to mind. :)
Also, if you are interested in just hearing my thoughts more regularly not necessarily in writing form, I have started VEDA on my YouTube channel. For any who don’t know, that is Vlog Every Day in April which is something many vloggers take part in every April. Since I’m just getting my YouTube channel really started and don’t currently have many viewers or videos, I thought maybe this was a good idea to hopefully get it to take off a bit. I guess we’ll see how the month goes.
At the start of this, I’m currently at 27 subscribers, 11 videos and 589 overall views. I’m desperately hoping to increase that quite a bit over the month but I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high.
But yeah, if you’re interested in that I’ll leave some videos down below and in the meantime I will try to think of some more things to write on here. :)
In other news: Doctor Who is back and I’m ecstatic. Also Supernatural is again breaking my heart and I just started watching the BBC Robin Hood.
I hope you’re all doing well! :)
So as all of you know, the Mayan calendar ends tomorrow, and many people have weirdly assumed this means the end of the world (Considering all calendars end, I’m not sure why this assumption was made, but it has been) and while there have been some tremendous posts about this all over the internet especially today, I think it’s all a load of crap. I mean, for one thing, they never predicted the end, like I just said, but for another thing, even if they had, who the heck cares? Why should the Mayans know better than anyone else when the world is ending? The Bible clearly says, “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father…therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” (Matthew 24:36, 42-44)
So yeah, I’m not real worried. And if it does end, I spent my day in pretty much the worst way to end the world ever, I spent it alone, on the internet and didn’t even get dressed til 5pm (I mean, then I went and watched Star Wars with my old Youth Group but… yeah, not the best :P) but you know what, while I’ve never done anything truly memorable or extraordinary in my life, I don’t really have any regrets. I’ve lived, I’ve caused shenanigans, I’ve loved, even when it hurts me a lot and I’ve tried my best to be the best person I can be to others. I try to be loyal and caring for everyone and though I’ve screwed up a lot, I really have tried and though I suck at things, I guess trying is the best I could do, which I have.
So, if the world by some random chance does end in a few hours, it’s been a privilege blogging, I’ve enjoyed this and am actually somewhat proud of it.
Stay safe friends, (And be prepared for the zombies ;) )
Yesterday I was blessed and immensely surprised to find out that Matthew over at http://cleansedbygod.wordpress.com nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I was quite surprised for sure to find this out but I am also quite honored that anybody ever reads my blogs, much less thinks it’s inspiring. The rules for this award are as follows:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3) State 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, 7 things about myself.
1. I love to read more than almost anything else.
2. I hate spending time by myself, I’m such a people person I thrive on the company of others.
3. I consider myself an amateur photographer, it’s one of my passions.
4. I’m one of the most awkward, random people you’ll ever meet.
5. I think YouTube is one of the greatest things ever invented, it can be hilarious, educational or both.
6. When it’s nice outside, I’m almost always barefoot, like literally my feet have grown so accustomed to it that I can walk comfortably over almost any surface or hot temperature. (It freaks a lot of people out)
7. I could give up almost anything in my life except Dr Pepper. Do not take away my Dr Pepper. :)
Inspiring Bloggers (I don’t follow a lot of bloggers… So I’m tagging 10.):
Recently, my friend over at http://teenagejesusfreak.wordpress.com/ was kind enough to leave me a blogging award that she made up called the Paperclip Award. Not only am I extremely honored and flattered but I think the idea was pretty sweet! So for today’s post, I shall be filling out the questions that accompany this award and awarding it to several deserving blogs as well! :)
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An FBI agent, ever since I was 5. And yep, that’s still what I want to do!
2. What is your ultimate favorite place to be?
Not any place in particular, but whenever I’m with the people I love and who love me.
3. Name one famous person who inspires you. (Just one!!!)
AH! The just one thing makes this question really hard but I would have to say C.S. Lewis, his books have changed my life. The Chronicles of Narnia have been my favorites for years and have inspired many dreams and imaginations. More recently I’ve gotten into his other works, Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters and the Problem of Pain. His faith and understanding of God’s words is such an inspiration. I look forward to meeting him someday in Heaven.
4. Tea or Coffee?
This is quite difficult because I happen to like both quite a lot. But I suppose coffee, as long as it has enough sugar and creamer in it. :)
5. If you could be any other person for 48 hours, who would you be?
I don’t know if I would necessarily want to be another person for 48 hours or any amount of time but it would sometimes be really cool to experience life from another person’s point of view. But I suppose I’ll go with a cliché answer and say a celebrity so, JK Rowling. :P
6. What is your earliest memory?
I really don’t know actually. I do remember the day I met my friend Lydia though when I was 7. So, that might be it… :)
7. If you could ask anyone in the world, living or dead, anything, who would you ask, and what would you ask them?
I’m not sure honestly. I could go for cliche answer here and say I’d ask the guy I like if he could ever see me as more than a friend but I’m a little afraid of the answer and don’t feel like that’s what I actually want to know more than anything. So I’m not sure. If I come up with an answer I’ll make sure and let you all know. :)
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Starting to stand up for myself.
9. What is your favorite book?
I can’t pick one! The Bible, Mere Christianity and Harry Potter. That’s my final answer. Oh! And Blue Like Jazz. :)
10. Briefly explain one of the weirdest dreams you have ever had.
My dad turned into a peanut butter sandwich and my bestie Erin and I ran after him yelling “It’s the jellyman!” Yep. That was weird.
11. What one song best describes you? (Feel free to post a link to a Youtube vid)
That describes me. Hmm. Well, I feel like either Come Thou Fount or Words to Build a Life On are the songs I relate to the most.
12. Pen or pencil?
Pencil. Then if I make mistakes I can erase them. Also for some reason my handwriting looks better in pencil.
13. Is 13 an unlucky number or not?
Nope. I don’t believe in luck. So I don’t believe in unlucky things either.
Ok, so I don’t actually follow a huge amount of blogs but I love the blogs I do follow so I’ll list some of my favorites! They’re all wonderful blogs and lovely people.
Hopefully I’m not forgetting any of you… but if I am let me know. :)
Have a great weekend!
Many of you are probably aware of the SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) that the American government is currently trying to pass. As a member of the internet, I’m obviously quite against this act. I can’t even tell you how much the internet means to me. I know that sounds really stupid and silly but I have this blog to get all my thoughts in order on this blog, I keep in touch with friends that are far away through Facebook, I share humorous things on Twitter and I keep up with things on Tumblr, and let’s not forgot about my deep love of YouTube. Without the internet, when I’m at my house I would literally go insane. I probably wouldn’t be ok without the internet and now this censorship act would take away every single one of those sites. This is not acceptable! What ever happened to our rights? This is utter nonsense.
Today, many major sites including Wikipedia and Google blacked out for 24 hours to show how outrageous the SOPA bill is. Wikipedia said this of the bill, “SOPA and PIPA would put the burden on website owners to police user-contributed material and call for the unnecessary blocking of entire sites. Small sites won’t have sufficient resources to defend themselves. Big media companies may seek to cut off funding sources for their foreign competitors, even if copyright isn’t being infringed. Foreign sites will be blacklisted, which means they won’t show up in major search engines. SOPA and PIPA would build a framework for future restrictions and suppression.
In a world in which politicians regulate the Internet based on the influence of big money, Wikipedia — and sites like it — cannot survive.
Congress says it’s trying to protect the rights of copyright owners, but the “cure” that SOPA and PIPA represent is worse than the disease. SOPA and PIPA are not the answer: they would fatally damage the free and open Internet.
Make the greatest impact by calling your Congressional Representative today. Hundreds of thousands of people are reaching out — email forms for your Representative may be broken.” and offered contact information to contact any Representative in your area. I obviously right away contacted all three of my representatives.
I’m praying so much that this bill doesn’t pass. But if it does, I love you all and will miss your contact deeply.
Well, 2012 is here. I rung in the new year at a friends house watching the ball drop in New York and playing Just Dance on the Wii. It was a great time and I’m glad to have such wonderful people to spend the New Year with!
I know in yesterdays post I didn’t want to go into stereotypical things for an end of the year blog post but I decided maybe I should post a few things about my year in 2011, there were many ups and downs but for now I’ll try to stay with the positive mostly. :)
New Things I experienced:
– Had my heart broken for the first time
– Was comforted and encouraged by my wonderful friends in my time of hurt
– Met some of my best friends at college
– Discovered (and fell in love with) Doctor Who
– Experienced and celebrated (and cried) for the end of Harry Potter
– Became a Nerdfighter
– Watched Alex Reads Twilight
– Fell in love with Charlie McDonnell, Alex Day, Sons of Admirals and Chameleon Circuit
– Stayed up til 5am to be a Beta member of Potter (Hufflepuff represent yo!)
– Made and became addicted to my Tumblr
– Met some wonderful people on Tumblr and WordPress
– Learned who my real friends were, unfortunately causing me to lose some friends but the my real friends are amazing
– Pretended to be a fake RA with my friend Jared running around in capes and lightsabers
– Learned to stand up for myself
– Started exercising and lost weight
– Had eggnog for the first time
– Became slightly more decisive
– Watched a lot of must see movies I had never seen
– Started playing Words with Friends
– Cut off all my hair
– Had amazing heart-to-heart conversations with my dorm floor and learned so much about myself and my relationship with God
– Became closer to God and stronger in my faith
– Read Blue Like Jazz (Donald Miller) and Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis) – Books that have changed my life (I’ll write more on those later)
– Helped the Nermie Army, Nerdfighteria and the internet get Alex Day’s song, “Forever Yours” to number 4 in the UK charts
– Like so many other Nerdfighters pre-ordered John Green’s “The Fault In Our Stars” (And I can’t wait to read it!)
Well, there’s my year in review. I hope you had as wonderful of a year as I did. There were definitely a lot of ups and downs but God is amazing and has done great things! I love you all!
Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2012!
Most people have a habit of making resolutions each year. It’s not something I’ve done often, this year my only resolution was to read through the whole Bible this year which I have actually already completed but other than that I don’t really make them because I usually forget about things like that. This year however I’ve made a list of a few things I want to do in the coming year. I decided to make this list because they’re things I’m already working toward and started trying to do for myself already.
1. Work out at least 3 times a week.
This I had kind of started towards the end of this past semester though I was only going about twice a week usually due to the amount of work I had for my classes. I’m hoping this semester to organize my time so I am able to go 3 times a week for about an hour or so.
2. Lose 15 pounds.
This of course goes along with working out. I’ve never been extremely overweight or anything but I have been quite out of shape for a while and need to be at a healthier weight. Plus, since I’m going to be an FBI agent getting in shape now and continuing that will really help me out in the future.
3. Read my Bible daily.
I did pretty good at this in 2011 but there were some days where I just forgot or put it off to the side. In 2012 I’m going to make my Bible reading a priority. God deserves the number one spot in my life and His love letter to us should be something I not only read often but really study and get stuff out of.
4. Blog 3 times or more a week.
Again I wasn’t terrible at this in 2011 but there were some times when I just felt unmotivated to write or got distracted and forgot. I want to write more this year even if it’s just a random post.
5. Be a better friend.
I care a lot about my friends and I always want to be there for all of them and I hope this year I can really make that known to them and be there whenever they need me.
6. Stand up for myself.
I’ve discussed several times recently how I’m going to finally stand up a bit for myself to my parents. I haven’t quite completely stood up for myself because I’m still working out exactly what I need to say to them that will be both respectful and get my point across but in this next year I really need to work on that. I can’t keep letting them walk all over me.
Well, that’s it for now though I might think of more things I need to do but this is a start. Do any of you have New Years Resolutions? If so what are they?