5/17/2013 ~ Dear Future Husband
From the To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– It’s like you were made just for me.
– I pray about you each and every day, and I can’t wait for the day that God reveals to me who you are; I can’t wait to spend my life with you.
– I have been praying oh so much for you. I even have a surprise for you at the altar: a shoebox filled with letters that are addressed to you. I love you and I haven’t even met you. :)
– I look forward to the movie nights and the moments we lay together in silence. I can’t wait to listen to all sorts of music with you and sing as we cook together. I can’t wait to share each moment of mine with you. I can’t wait to give you my whole heart and know that I have yours too. I can’t wait to read you sappy poetry that makes me cry. Most of all I can’t wait to be able to reach next to me at 3 in the morning when I wake up and feel your innocent warmth. Each night I spend with you will be just another sleep over with my best friend. I don’t know if I’ve met you yet, but I already love you more than you could ever imagine and I still think about you daily. And if we haven’t? I hope we meet soon so I can spend more of my life with you.
– I woke up this morning with the sun on my face and dreams in my eyes, and all I wanted was to share it with you. I long to wake up to your face, to your lips on my skin and your whispers in my ear. I long to feel your body beside mine, your fingers tracing the lines of my spine, the curves of my shoulder. I long to love you and hold you and spend hours in bed with you. I long for you, my love. And I’m waiting.
– Hello, love. I just want to tell you to be yourself, because I think that person is absolutely amazing and wonderful. Never believe you have to become some idea of what you imagine I want you to be. You are enough for me just as you are. So come find me, please.
– I promise to love you fiercely, passionately, and loyally. I promise to never forget that every day with you is a wonder and treat it as such. I promise to never take your presence in my life for granted. I promise to be spontaneous and fun and always treat our life together as the wonderful blessing that it will be.
I promise to bake you cookies for no reason, but leave half the dough to eat raw. I promise to never take myself to seriously and to always be there to laugh.
I promise to never go to bed angry, to never raise my voice at you, and to never take my frustration out on you. I know that there will be fights, but I will always remember that I love you, and that’s not the way to treat the people you love.
I will remember that just because you will always be there doesn’t mean I need to test that by trying to push you away.
I promise to be your best friend, your partner, and your love for the rest of our lives.
I can’t wait to meet you and start our adventures together.