For us Americans (Which I know does not include all of my readers but happy Thanksgiving to you non-Americans as well! :D I’m thankful for every one of you!), today is Thanksgiving, a day we gather with family, maybe watch the Macy’s Day Parade, watch some sports (not me, but I’ve heard that’s a thing), eat way too much and try to remember what we’re thankful for in our blessed lives that we usually take for granted. Usually I try to stay thankful and constantly try and remind myself of the things in my life I’ve been blessed with but I feel like recently I haven’t done that as much as I should’ve, so what better time to do it than on Thanksgiving? Here’s my list (Of course there are many things I’m sure that I’m forgetting but here’s some things!)
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
– God: I know this sounds cliche and stuff but really, God is my best friend, He has literally breathed life into me, kept me alive for a purpose and given me everything about my life. He’s helped me through the bad times and showed me that I’m here for a reason, I go through crap sometimes but not more than anyone else, He lets me go through the bad so that the good is actually good. Obviously I can never even kind of sum up God’s amazingness but really, God is the best you guys.
– My amazing friends: Seriously, I know I talk about them and their amazingness all the time but for real, God has given me some AMAZING people in my life. Without them, and without God of course, I really wouldn’t be here at all. They’ve saved me on countless occasions and I love them with all of my heart.
– My boyfriend: What. I can say that? That’s so weird. I have a boyfriend. AH! I’m still surprised, and super excited. :D But really, he’s awesome and adorable and sweet and who knew I would ever find one! Much less a super awesome, nerdy one! God’s timing is so cool. Just after I was angsty about turning 21 without having a boy care about me, a boy came out of seemingly nowhere and likes me and wanted to date me. :) And that makes me super happy and thankful.
– The internet: Um, Hope, what? Why? You could live without it right? Nope. Not really. Which some see as a bad thing and sure, I might have an unhealthy addiction in some ways to the internet but in other ways it too has saved my life. I’ve been able to contact, meet and stay in touch with friends through the internet and through that they’ve saved my life and kept me sane. Also it’s made me feel more sane with all my fandom feelings knowing I’m not alone in those. :D
– My fandoms: Yes, another one that seems ridiculous but if you’ve been reading my blog for long you know how much they mean to me. They make my life better and happier and more full and beautiful and ah! I just love them. Fiction is incredible ok?
– My family: I know that I complain about my mom and how my dad doesn’t do anything to help but they have raised me and helped me sorta become who I am, so yeah, even though they’re painful and stuff I’m still thankful they’re in my life. I wish we got along better and I wish my mom liked me but I love them and am glad for the good times they’ve brought to my life. Plus, I’ve never gone without food or shelter, things could be a lot worse. I’m thankful for what I have.