8/17/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
Dear Future Husband,
Well, it’s finally come. This afternoon, after months of longing for it I will finally be home. And by home I mean away from my family, back with my college family/friends, the people who’ve shown they actually do care. I’ve been at my parent’s house with my family this past week and it’s been the usual depressing place. I’ve again been told I’m terrible, told that I only think of myself, told that no one really loves me, all the usual stuff from my mom. This time though since it was just a week it didn’t seem as dim and dark, yes, it got me down unfortunately but God is so good. He showed me, especially two nights ago at church that in my uniqueness He can use me for His good, He loves me and accepts me and I’m valuable. I know that whoever you are out there, that He’s made it so you’ll think that way too. I don’t see how anyone could feel that way personally but I’m actually starting to believe you’re out there and that God made us to be together. I can’t wait.
I love you already.
Hope Kristen ♥
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– Whomever you are, I want you. Not some perfect prince that every movie and book tells me you should be. I want the complexity that comes with a real man. I want the struggle to learn each other and the joy of discovering parts of who you are. I want to know your embrace. I want real life and all its unexpected complications that will test our relationship. I want the days when we just laugh together. I want to be able to cry while you hold me and to have water balloon wars. I want you and only you.
– “Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse ‘I love you’.
Go to work, do your best, don’t outsmart your common sense.
Never let your prayin knees get lazy and love like crazy.
Always treat your woman like a lady, never get too old to call her baby.
Never let your prayin knees get lazy and love like crazy.”
I want a love like this.
– You wouldn’t mind us staying in, cuddling up, and just watching Toy Story or something would you?
– Please be my Augustus Waters. You know, minus the dying.
Your very own Hazel Grace (NOOOOOOOOO!!! ALL THE FEELS!! BUT YES!! THIS EXACTLY!)
– Be a man of God. A man who shows emotion and loves me. A man who will never hurt me. But most importantly be the man I will grow old with.
– I will live my life for God. Not for a future idea that may or may not happen. I hope you do the same.
Whatever God has planned for me, He will reveal to me in His time. As He will for you.
I will not idolize you, nor fantasize about scenarios that haven’t happened nor may never happen because that’s not what God wants.
I will continue to love others as God has commanded me and I will continue to accept love.
I will live a full life of love in front of the almighty God of love.
I will be the best friend of all people that I can possibly be.
And maybe, maybe, God willing, I will have a spouse.
But I’m willing to give my all to anyone who will dance with me.
– I need you. Now. Everything seems to be falling apart. But you are the reason why I am determined to get through all of this. I love you, always.
– It’s likely that you’ll never know when something is bothering me. But I’m working on sharing myself with you. I’ll get better. I promise.