7/20/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
Dear Future Husband,
I have several things to cover in this note you, my dear.
1. I’ve gotten to the point this summer that I’m actually legitimately having fun and hanging out when I’m not at work and it’s finally, for once in my life feeling like summer should. Those summer nights that every talks about are finally happening and though I still miss my friends immensely, my new friends from my summer Bible study are incredible and uber fun to hang with. I’m no longer feeling lonely like I was at the beginning of the summer which is brilliant and a complete blessing. When I say that I’m no longer lonely though, I have to clarify, friends wise, I’m not lonely and it’s a lovely feeling, having friends around again, but in the past week I’ve been struck again by how much I miss you. I wish that I could be having summer fun with you, surrounded by friends, having the sweet, summer romance that’s talked about endlessly in the stories and songs. I can’t wait to have a summer with you and am impatiently awaiting that time with you, love.
2. This one is more of a confession, not only to you but to myself to get out in the open, since I have been getting lonely like that again instead of turning to God who of course would be the one to help me, I’ve been straying from Him and just not focusing on Him as I should and instead focusing on things of the world to try and fill my loneliness. I’ve had several long talks with God about this lately and I’m getting better at thinking of God when I should (Which is all the time) and learning to pray when I’m not loving like I should, or when I judge others or when I’m tempted but I guess I just needed to confess. I look forward to the times when we can talk about these things together, work through our temptations and pray for each other and help each other be accountable. :)
I love you so much my dear. I hope you’re learning as much this summer as I am.
Hope Kristen ♥
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– We’ll dance in the kitchen when we’re making dinner, spinning around and around until we’re disoriented and oh, dear!- the bread’s burnt. We’ll embarrass our kids with our flirting. We’ll be honest with each other, always, and never go to bed angry. We’ll be one soul filling a house, rather than two shells living together. We’ll love each other, and others, as we are loved.
And we’ll do it all better at 65 than we ever did it at 30.
– Would it be okay if I read some of my favorite books to you? Or maybe we can just read them together and discuss? However it happens, I want to share my love of books and literature with you.
– I long for the day when I can hold you in my arms, feel the warmth of your heart and call you mine. I long for the day when I can tell you everything, and for you to love me even when I am on my period. I long for the day when I discover that you are the only guy I need in my life and I am the only girl you need in yours and finally, I long for the day when you discover that I already love you.
– Don’t worry about your past. The past isn’t something I’ll look at and be ashamed. I love you:)
Your princess in hiding
– I look to the days that I can love, cherish and adore you, to be in your arms, the warmth of your heart and to not care where we live or what we live in as long as I am with you.
– I’m currently sitting outside whilst having my ‘God time’, soaking up nature and His other amazing creations. I can’t wait for the awesome prayer sessions that we’ll have and our life growing together towards God and living for Him. Words can’t express how excited I am to meet you!
Love from your eager future wife,
– Everywhere I look people are getting engaged, getting married, or having children.
I know our turn is in His perfect timing but I’m getting antsy. Praying for you as I am reminded of you often. ;)
I love you.
– Please let me know that I’m not writing these notes in vain. I need to know you’re out there…somewhere.