7/6/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– Sharpen me and I’ll sharpen you. Don’t let me faint.
Pick me up, dust me off and make me stronger.
Use your words your love and the strength that you carry so well,
to build me up so that one day I may do the same.
Just as iron sharpens iron, you sharpen me and I’ll sharpen you.
Let’s be iron.
But above all, let your strongest and most used tactic,
above your strength, love and words be the Word of God.
Sharpen me with the promises, love and strength that our God gives us.
– Husband, can we do fun things together?
Not that I’m at all against lazy Sundays and banana pancakes,
but I’d also be up for the odd hike before sunrise, or
a campout in the middle of the woods,
spur-of-the-moment Nerf gun battles,
middle-of-the-night, top-of-the-roof star-gazing,
rock climbing adventures,
water balloon fights,
24 hour movie marathons,
random weekend road trips,
epic meal time,
you know, the urge…
– I can’t wait to wake up next to you every morning. I’ll cook you breakfast while wearing your t-shirt from yesterday. We’ll have pillow fights, watch movies, and drink hot chocolate. We’ll share secrets while we cuddle and fall asleep. And everyday will special simply because I have you.
– You will know that I love you because…
I will spend more time proving that I love you than I will saying it.
I will stand by your side when it feels like the whole world is against you.
I will simply sit next to you and be quiet if that’s what you need.
I will bring a box of your favorite candy to you while you’re at work, just to brighten your day.
I will text you at random times and say simple things like, “I admire you”.
I will care for you.
I will sing to you (obnoxiously, of course) when you need a reason to smile.
I will give you space when you need me to.
I will trust you.
I will most certainly respect the fact that you are the leader of the house, and I am not.
You will know that I love you because I will never look at other guys the way that I look at you.
You will never feel lonely, forgotten, unimportant or unloved.
These are my promises to you.
Your future wife
– I will not get married until we both agree that divorce is not an option. Ever.
Sure, we’ll have our fights and maybe even spend some nights apart if need be.
But I know that we will be able to make it through if we go into it agreeing on this.
“If we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door. Love is not a fight, but it’s something worth fighting for.” – Warren Barfield
– I know that we will face many trials in our marriage, but i am ready to do that with you. I’m so sorry for ever doubting, I want to be a strong wife for you someday. I trust God that He is keeping your mind safe right now. Always trust in Him, because He will provide a way…even when it seems hopeless. I love you, and always will.
Truly Yours <3
– I would quite like it if our marriage is something like a big compilation of Pam and Jim from the Office, Andy and April from Parks and Rec, and Carl and Ellie from Up all rolled up in one. I think I would really like that, actually.
– Lay with me on the kitchen floor and let the music sweep us away.