6/29/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– When you come home and find a nerf gun laying on the counter with a note next to it saying, “You are now under attack,” pick it up and play along.
– My Love,
You are currently out there somewhere, either looking for me or preparing yourself for this life-altering search. We’re entering into a most thrilling game of hide and seek; I’m hiding almost entirely out in the open which should ease your task to some degree, but the bigger hint I’ve offered you is that I’m facing a very distinct direction- one which you will know and know well. I feel giddy as a smitten young girl yet resolute as a woman with an impenetrable goal. Even though I know not your form or your heart, I anxiously await the day on which I can sing that I am yours and you are mine. When covenantal charms adorn our hands I will ever do that which I swear to do. Daily my commitment to you will remain; daily the appetite of my heart will consume your being… Until then, courageous one, I wait for your hand to point to me and for your voice to echo among the other seekers: “Boys, she’s mine.”
– I want to go on a road trip with you. It doesn’t have to be to anywhere particular. We could just get in the car and go. And if we get lost, it’ll be ok because we’ll be lost together.
– When you meet me, you’ll know IMMEDIATELY I hate romance. Movies, songs…all of it. But if you figure out MY idea of romance, I promise I will never let you go.
– Let’s randomly dance in the kitchen after dinner with no music on. Just us in each others arms swaying back and forth to the sound of our heartbeats.
– Promise me we won’t condone drama in our relationship. I’ve seen what it does to people. It’s all jealousy, bitterness, and worst of all, broken hearts. Let’s show them what a real relationship looks like.
– I hunger for you and your love. Nothing or no one else can satisfy my craving for you to be in my life. I want that. I want you.
– I know you’ll be handsome. I know you’ll be strong. I know you’ll be flawed. I know you’ll be funny. I know you’ll be stubborn. I know you’ll be sweet. I know you’ll be patient. I know you’ll be loving and kind. I know you’ll be passionate. I know you’ll have a wonderful family. I know you’ll be cuddly. I know you’ll be a good father. I know you’ll be a good husband. I know divorce will never be an option for us. And I’ll love all these things about you, as well as the things I don’t know about you yet.
– I’ve never wanted anything as much as I want you.