6/1/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
Dear Future Husband,
Well, this summer is the first summer on my own, away from my parents with a full time job. To be honest, it’s a little frightening but it’s giving me the opportunity to strengthen my relationship with Christ and really hold on to His love and become closer to him. Maybe through this it’ll help me become a little more ready for you too. I’m waiting. :)
I love you.
– I’m learning how to cook just for you.
So far, I’ve mastered the grilled cheese.
– I can’t wait to wake up next to you every morning. I’ll cook you breakfast while wearing your t-shirt from yesterday. We’ll have pillow fights, watch movies, and drink hot chocolate. We’ll share secrets while we cuddle and fall asleep. And everyday will special simply because I have you.
– My love for you will be unconditional. No matter what you’ve done or will do, I’ll love you with all I have.
– I’m sorry that I’m not perfect. I’m sorry that I get angry, or grumpy, or forgetful. I’m sorry for when I flip the toilet paper the wrong way, forget to buy milk, or throw away something important. I’m sorry for when I burn dinner, sing off key in the shower, and get a flat tire and ask you to change it for me.
I know I’m not perfect. But I will love you with all of my imperfect heart, and the only thing I ask is that you love me when I’m grumpy. Love me when I’m angry, love me when I forget something. Love me when I burn dinner, love me when there’s no milk in the house, when our lights get turned off because I forgot to pay the electric bill, and when I delete your favorite show from the DVR. Love me through all of this, and I will love you with everything I have. Every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep, I will thank God for bringing you to me. Because when you love me when I’m imperfect, I will love you with everything I have.
– With every moment we spend together, I am feeling more and more like you are the one. I enjoy spending time with you, and time always flies when we are together. Thank you for being so patient while my heart heals from my past mistakes and hurts with another man. I am so content with where we are at, but I am so excited and hoping and praying that I will spend the rest of my life with you.
I’m waiting with bated breath to see what God has in store for us.
– We’re going to have iPhones, our own iPads, and one Mac computer. Our kids will wear only the cutest clothes, and we’ll spend our nights on pinterest, and creeping on Facebook. I might cook dinner, but don’t expect anything fancy. And call me old fashion, but I’d love it if you hold my hand in public, open doors for me, kiss me and put your arm around me in the movies, take me on dates, and buy my dinner. If any of this doesn’t work out I’ll be okay. As long as I can have you.
– Meet me under the shade of the ever blooming cherry tree on the winding river bank of the greenest pasture in the land… nestled between the rolling hills of our secret valley… a place where nothing but sunshine and beautiful breezes will ever find us and we can be who we really are. Let’s always have that place… no matter what. Even if it’s only in our minds eye. You can always close your eyes and meet me there. That’s where I’ll wait for you. Always.
– I can’t promise you we’re going to be wealthy or famous. I can’t promise you we’re going to live in the suburbs with two healthy children and a house that smells like Yankee Candle. I can’t promise you that you’re never going to get annoyed by me or that I’m never going to feel like punching you straight in the face. I can’t promise continual happiness and I certainly cannot and will not fill the void in your life that only the Savior of both of our souls is entitled to fill. But this I can promise: I will never leave you. Ever. Not when it’s raining. Not when the Earth is crumbling out from underneath your feet. Not when you accidentally hit our new puppy with your car. Not when you lose your job. Not when you need your space or when you simply need to be held. I will never leave you. I’ve loved you my whole life; and once God brings us together, rest assured, without a single doubt in your mind, that I will never leave you.