Why Do I Blog, Anyways?
About a week ago, one of the blog posts on the Freshly Pressed page really impacted me. It was about why this person blogs. It was super well written and had great points and a fabulous quote from Doctor Who to start the post off (Said post is here: http://outsideair.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/what-blogging-has-tought-me/) and it got me to thinking, why do I blog? I’ve thought about it for a few days now and I’ve come up with a list (Some are actually the same reasons as the original post has but I’d been thinking of them before too! I swear I didn’t steal them! :D)
1. It’s a great escape to just write down all my thoughts. Writing them down (Er, um, typing them out) helps me really organize them and think about what’s actually going on and stuff. It helps me process things better and work out everything that’s happening to me.
2. It’s an awesome way to get connected to people from all over the world. When I started blogging almost two years ago now, I would’ve never dreamed I’d make any friends on here or that anybody would ever even read my blog, much to my surprise I’ve now passed over 40,000 all-time views and I have 77 subscribers. I’m so blessed by each and every one of you and any readers that may just lurk around and view my blog on occasion. Through this experience I’ve gotten to “meet” people from the opposite ends of the world from me. It’s so awesome to think that my just typing out my random thoughts has been able to accomplish that.
3. It’s a way to share my story and my faith with others. Sure, I don’t really have that much of a moving life story or even a super interesting one but apparently at least some people enjoy reading what I have to write on occasion and because of that I try to write things of encouragement a lot and write what I feel God has laid on my heart to share with others. While my life story really isn’t all that interesting to me, I desperately hope and pray that people can be encouraged by my faith and come to know how awesome God is in everything.
4. Blogging makes me feel like I might be good at something for once. I’m not saying I’m like the next C.S. Lewis or J.K. Rowling or anything but I’d like to think that I’m fairly decent at writing. It’s something I enjoy and something that I hope I can continue for a long time.
5. It’s something that really makes me happy and it’s a hobby that gives me something to look forward to. I enjoy the process of writing, editing, posting then checking for stats and any new comments. Sure, I might not get as many views as a lot of blogs and I really don’t get that many comments most often but I enjoy each and every one. Anytime I get a new comment or like on a post I get all happy inside. It shows that somebody took the time to read my work and they actually enjoyed it. It’s an incredible feeling that actually makes me feel confident and proud of myself.
So what about you, dear readers, why do you blog? Why do you enjoy reading other blogs?
And as always, thanks for reading. You all are amazing.