3/23/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– Please love Switchfoot as much as I do. Thanks, dear.
See you soon.
– I really hope that you can help me learn. I hope that you make me laugh. I hope I can grow in Christ with you. Stop me when I fight you and push you away, I need you to pull me in, and tell me everything will be okay. Because I need you in my life. I need your comfort, because I don’t have it anywhere else.
– I know I have to wait for you because my relationship with God isn’t where it needs to be quite yet. But when we do meet, make sure you love me and I’m not a rebound girl. ‘Cause as much as I love my parents, and even though they’re still together after 25 years, I don’t want a marriage like theirs. I still want you to hold my hand and steal kisses when we’re old. I want passion and zeal that lasts forever. And don’t worry; I’ll do and be the same for you :)
– I want nothing more than to find you. I pray every day that God will guide you into my life, and when He does, I will spend every day proving to Him and to you that I am deserving of such an amazing woman as you.
– Have you listened to “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri? You should. It’s our song. And someday, I will sing it to you. “I have died everyday waiting for you.” Everyday it gets harder waiting for God’s time for us to meet and fall in love. But it gets easier, too. Because you know what? Everyday, we get a whole 24 hours closer to each other. I love you so much, my dear. You’re already the most special man in my life. I’m praying for you. Stay close to God, stay pure, stay strong. Follow your dreams. Make everyday worth living and worth waiting for me.
– I waited a lifetime to share your last name, share your hopes and dreams. I am working on being a whole person that doesn’t need you to complete me but rather compliment me. I can’t wait to bestow all my love upon you and show you that dreams really do come true.
– I love going on spontaneous roadtrips. Promise you’ll go with me?
– I cannot WAIT to be your Proverbs 31! My greatest delight as your wife would be to hear you say, “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all!” Prov. 31:29
– I prayed for you today.