2/24/2012 ~ Dear Future Husband
Dear Future Husband,
I wrote a post the other day describing how for once in my life, I’m almost content with being single. That doesn’t mean I’m giving up on you or that I’m not as anxious as ever to meet you, it just means that for now I know that God wants me to wait. I still miss you a lot though and I really hope that God allows us to meet really soon.
I love you!
From To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– Let’s climb a tree and run through a field with our shoes off. Just you and me. Let’s just…be.
– I don’t care if you can’t afford the ring…just ask me. I would still say yes a thousand times over.
I love you.
– It makes me happy to know that you are walking around, waiting for me and wondering who I am, too. I pray that you are happy or on your way to it. I pray that God holds me in the dark corners of your heart while we make our way towards each other. I can’t wait until we collide.
– Thank you for always listening to me, and always knowing how to make me laugh — all the time. Thanks for understanding my sense of humor, and for thinking nothing of my random bursts of laughter, even when everyone else around stops what they’re doing to stare. I love you for being so compassionate and not caring that it can leave you looking vulnerable. You’re romantic and poetic and that makes me so happy. You make me smile, sometimes for reasons even I can’t understand. Your honesty and transparency is incredibly refreshing. I love how you can be a momma’s boy, it’s so cute. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to sit and talk to me all night just ‘cause you know I’m in love with your sweet accent. You bring out the best in me, and give me confidence when I’m lacking. Even when I’m tired and just want to give up, you keep me going in the race with Jesus. You continue to have faith in me, at times when I’m not even sure of myself.
Oh, and just one last thing love — I can’t wait to meet you.
– Today, I saw an old couple at a restaurant together; not talking, not even looking at each other, just eating. That will not be us. When we’re old, I hope we’re as ridiculous, crazy and in love as we were when we first got together. I’m really excited to grow old with you.
– I’m not perfect, and I never will be. But I need one person in whose eyes I know I can do no wrong, and I need that person to be you.
– Sometimes I’m awkward and say stupid things around the people I like. I’m sorry. Don’t give up on me!