Fine, I’ll be a stereotypical blogger and summarize 2011.
Well, 2012 is here. I rung in the new year at a friends house watching the ball drop in New York and playing Just Dance on the Wii. It was a great time and I’m glad to have such wonderful people to spend the New Year with!
I know in yesterdays post I didn’t want to go into stereotypical things for an end of the year blog post but I decided maybe I should post a few things about my year in 2011, there were many ups and downs but for now I’ll try to stay with the positive mostly. :)
New Things I experienced:
– Had my heart broken for the first time
– Was comforted and encouraged by my wonderful friends in my time of hurt
– Met some of my best friends at college
– Discovered (and fell in love with) Doctor Who
– Experienced and celebrated (and cried) for the end of Harry Potter
– Became a Nerdfighter
– Watched Alex Reads Twilight
– Fell in love with Charlie McDonnell, Alex Day, Sons of Admirals and Chameleon Circuit
– Stayed up til 5am to be a Beta member of Potter (Hufflepuff represent yo!)
– Made and became addicted to my Tumblr
– Met some wonderful people on Tumblr and WordPress
– Learned who my real friends were, unfortunately causing me to lose some friends but the my real friends are amazing
– Pretended to be a fake RA with my friend Jared running around in capes and lightsabers
– Learned to stand up for myself
– Started exercising and lost weight
– Had eggnog for the first time
– Became slightly more decisive
– Watched a lot of must see movies I had never seen
– Started playing Words with Friends
– Cut off all my hair
– Had amazing heart-to-heart conversations with my dorm floor and learned so much about myself and my relationship with God
– Became closer to God and stronger in my faith
– Read Blue Like Jazz (Donald Miller) and Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis) – Books that have changed my life (I’ll write more on those later)
– Helped the Nermie Army, Nerdfighteria and the internet get Alex Day’s song, “Forever Yours” to number 4 in the UK charts
– Like so many other Nerdfighters pre-ordered John Green’s “The Fault In Our Stars” (And I can’t wait to read it!)
Well, there’s my year in review. I hope you had as wonderful of a year as I did. There were definitely a lot of ups and downs but God is amazing and has done great things! I love you all!
Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2012!