12/23/2011 ~ Dear Future Husband
Dear Future Husband,
It’s almost Christmas now and everywhere you look it seems that people are talking about how they’re going to be with the one they love for Christmas. Now obviously that’s not what Christmas is about, it’s about the birth of Jesus our Lord and Savior but at the same time as I realize that, I can’t help but wish I could be with you this Christmas, or at least know who you are. I know, I know, I’m always so impatient about this matter and I know we’ll have the rest of our lives to be together once we finally meet but I wish I knew you now. Despite that though, I’m going to make the best of this Christmas and though I’ll be thinking of you, I’ll try to be patient. I’m praying for you and am anxiously waiting to finally know who you are. Merry Christmas my dear.
Taken from To My Future Spouse Tumblr:
– Get your ski mask ready: you steal my heart and I’ll steal your last name.
See you soon, my partner in crime!
– Though I sleep, my heart is awake. You alone will be able to tame my heart because I am yours.
– I am falling in love with you almost as fast as I am falling in love with Him. I promise I will never stop falling in love with you or Him, I just hope one day we can fall in love with Him together.
– I dreamed of you so long ago. Since then, I’ve been trying, in vain, to put some one in your place. I realized, maybe, I should let you find me….
– I just want to meet you.
– I can’t wait to fall in love with you. I can’t wait to marry you. I can’t wait to have/adopt children with you. I can’t wait to pray with you. I can’t wait teach our children about God’s love. I can’t wait to see our kids accept Christ and get baptized. I can’t wait to read the Bible with you. I’m patiently and prayerfully waiting.
– What if you don’t exist? What if I’m meant to be alone? These are questions I don’t want the answers to…
– “Why are you so far from me?
In my arms is where you ought to be
How long will you make me wait?
I don’t know how much more I can take
I missed you
But I haven’t met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
Slowly counting down the days
Till I finally know your name
Ooo the way your hand feels round my waist
The way you laugh
The way your kisses taste
Dear whoever you might be, I’m still waiting patiently.”
The Civil Wars
– You will find me;
Where the boldness of Esther
meets the warm closeness of Ruth.
Where the hospitality of Lydia
is aligned with the submission of Mary.
Which is engulfed by the tears of a praying Hannah.
I will be the one drenched in Proverbs 31.
Waiting for you.
Your future wife <3
– All I have to say is that only God knows who you are.
I’m becoming super impatient, but then I keep reminding myself that He has it all under control.