Working out makes me feel better about my life.
Two weeks ago some friends and I were talking and we realized that we need to start working out and getting in shape. I had thought this for a while now but up til this point had been far to lazy to walk the long ways to the gym on campus and actually do anything. Last week however some friends and I finally started. I’m going to start going at least 3 times a week and working out for like an hour each time. As much as I had been dreading it, working out actually feels amazing and makes me feel way better about myself. Plus, if I keep this up I’ll finally get in shape and maybe look decent for once in my life. Plus, it’ll help when I’m ready to be a BA FBI agent.
Along the lines of feeling good about myself, rather than be angsty like I have been as of late, I’m going to make a list of the things I’ve accomplished this semester. As I’ve said before many times, my dorm floor is absolutely amazing and especially some of them have just really encouraged me and pushed me to be the best I can be and do things that are good for me even though they’re sometimes difficult.
– I’ve started working out. Which I’ve needed to do for years and have always been to lazy or given up after just a bit.
– I’ve faced my fear of change by changing jobs to something one that before I accepted I was terrified of but now I know is a much better choice than before. I mean, an office job is way better than Dennys. Plus I have to face my worst fear of calling people and talking on the phone.
– I’ve gotten much better about being open with people and telling them how I feel. Yeah it’s terrifying but sometimes it needs to be done. I mean, if I don’t say these things, I might regret it forever.
– I’ve decided to try to like the cold more (or at least not absolutely hate it). I mean, it will be around no matter how I feel about it and I will have to go out in it daily, I might as well try to get along with it.
– I’ve gotten way closer to God this semester, that one is a lot because of my awesome floor. I mean, a lot of them are just so encouraging with their faith that I want to be completely like them and just let everyone see God’s love through me all the time. I don’t know how close I’m coming to the last part but I’m working hard on it.
So yeah, even though I’ve been discouraged and depressed recently, God really has done amazing things in my life this semester and no matter how down I am, I just need to remember all these things and try to keep my chin up. Things will get better and God will continue to provide like always.
God bless you all!
He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. ~ Psalm 147:3