An Unusually Girly Post
I’ve never been one of those super girly girls. I mean, I have my moments, I read sappy books on occasion, I “ooh and ah” over cute pictures of couples, things like that happen but I’ve never been one of those that has completely had my wedding planned out since I was 5 or one that loves chick flicks. I’m still not, but recently a lot of people I know have been getting engaged or married and after Facebook stalking all their adorable engagement/wedding pictures, I’ve decided there are some things that I want to have in the future at my wedding (When and if such a thing ever occurs).
1. I want to be wearing Converse Chuck Taylors. I would prefer if my bridesmaids do too but if they don’t want to that’s fine, I definitely will be wearing mine. (The color of them is as of yet undecided)
2. There will be a lightsaber somehow involved. I don’t know how, maybe my husband will carry it as we walk down the aisle together to leave (That just happened at one of the weddings of a friend) or maybe it’ll be used elsewhere. I just want it to be quite prevalent.
3. Something Lord of the Rings related must be there. Perhaps our wedding rings will look like the One Ring? (Ok… that’s probably too nerdy.. I doubt my husband will go for that one.. though since I don’t know who he is yet, maybe he will!) Hmm, I’ll have to think about this one a bit more. Maybe just have the soundtrack playing as we walk down the aisle to leave.
4. I want all the guys in the wedding to wear bow ties. Bow ties are cool. And not just because the Doctor thinks so either, I freaking love bow ties. Always have, always will. But yes, I do want them in there for the Doctor Who reference as well.
5. I want there to be a TARDIS. Maybe not a life size one, maybe stick it on the cake or something but I want it there.
6. Harry Potter is obviously necessary in my wedding, I’m thinking Unbreakable Vow during the ceremony? :)
Ok, short list, all pretty nerdy but I do want these things to happen. Knowing me how could anyone expect anything less? I’m a nerd, I’m proud of it and I think weddings should reflect your personality. I mean, obviously I don’t think too much money should be put into these things, weddings are just one day after all, it’s the marriage people should focus more on but I think it would be really cool to have at least most of these things at my wedding whenever it happens.