Why I Won’t Be Getting a Kindle (Or anything of the sort)
Currently there’s some debate in the book world on people transferring to e-book readers as opposed to actual old-fashioned books. I’m one of the few it seems in my generation that will never go to e-book form. Here are a few reasons why.
– There is NOTHING like the smell of a book. New or old, the smell of books just makes me über happy. It is literally one of my all time favorite smells in the world. You can’t beat it.
– There’s nothing like the feel of a good book in your hand, turning the pages by hand, feeling the weight of it, the hardback or paperback cover, it’s a wonderful feeling!
– Books don’t have a battery limit. No matter how long it takes you to read the book, the battery won’t die, because there isn’t one!
– Reading stuff on a screen just isn’t the same, also a lot of the e-book readers have internet access so there’s a good chance I would get distracted by that… I want to just completely get into the story of the book, get lost in the adventure and excitement, the terror, the romance, the humor. I don’t want to read it all on a screen!
– Books have been around forever, in my opinion, they are one of the worlds best invention ever.
– Nothing can make you feel like an actual book can, I’ve read books from e-book readers before, it just doesn’t have the same feel at all and it bothers me. I like to have all of my sense involved with reading (Ok, without taste… and I guess I can’t hear them either…) But I love the feel of books, the smell of books and even the way books look. Everyone is different in a way, Some are tall, some are short, some are skinny, some are really big, with an e-book reader, you can’t experience that, they’re all just words on a screen.
I know some of you probably feel differently about them but for me, this is why I won’t be getting an e-reader. I’m sticking with good, old-fashioned books!
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” ~ C.S. Lewis