My Playlist for Snape and Lily
First off, I’m sooo sorry I didn’t write yesterday! Out of nowhere our internet broke, I went to get on Facebook and it wouldn’t work. Basically I went about 36 hours without Facebook, WordPress, Tumblr, Twitter and/or Netflix. Sad to say, it was terrible, which shows I’m addicted…. But anyways, without further ado, here is a playlist I made inspire by Severus Snape and Lily Evans/Potter from Harry Potter. Though I of course LOVE Lily and James together, there’s a part of me that wishes things had turned out differently between Snape and Lily, how they were always best friends as children and how much he absolutely adored her makes me kinda ship the two.
1. Always by Panic! At the Disco, I feel like even with the title this song is basically self-explanatory. “It was always you”. Love it.
2. Kiss the Girl by Chameleon Circuit. Just the theme of the song makes me think a lot about Lily and Snape, “She’s not my girlfriend, she’s just a friend who’s a girl, she’s my buddy, she’s my best mate. She rocks my world, I wanna tell her, but I just can’t find the time or find the words.”
3. A Day Late by Anberlin. “So let me get this straight
You say now you loved me all along
What made you hesitate
To tell me with words what you really feel
I can see it in your eyes you mean all of what you say, I remember so long ago, see I felt that same way, Now we both have separate lives and lovers (and lovers),Insignificantly enough we both have significant others” Obviously this one’s not quite accurate but I like to think that before James and Lily were a couple, and before Snape got into the Dark Arts and called Lily a Mudblood, that they were a couple. Also, obviously Snape doesn’t have a significant other unless you count his “Loyalty” to Voldemort.
4. I Love You More Than You Will Ever Know by NeverShoutNever. Just even the title I feel is how Snape felt about Lily.
5. Lousy Truth by NeverShoutNever. Also a perfect song for the two, “Girl, I’ve been thinking a lot about who we could have been if i was back home just chilling with you and all my friends.
But dear I’m gone and that’s the lousy truth. For the past 3 years
I swear I’ve been a better man
than who I’ve become I know, I know, I know I let you down But I’ve been gone
for too d**n long.”
I feel like this is exactly how Snape felt after joining Voldy.
6. Simple Enough by NeverShoutNever. Last Christofer Drew song here I promise but they just work so well!
“And if I was a sailor I’d sail the seven seas to tell you baby I don’t want you to leave. You see this world is such a sad place and without your pretty face I’m sure it’s gonna wind up much worse.
7. Look After You by the Fray. Every single line in this song makes me think of Snape. “If I don’t say this now I will surely break
As I’m leaving the one I want to take
Forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate
Oh, oh, Be my baby Ohhhhh Oh, oh
Be my baby I’ll look after you”
8. Anyone Else But You by the Moldy Peaches. Kind of a quirky song but it’s kinda cute and I can totally see Snape thinking this about Lily. :) “I don’t see what anyone can see in anyone else, but you.”
9. And I Love Her by the Beatles. I see this song being about Lily and Snape had they worked out. “A love like ours, could never die. As long as I have you near me.” After all this time? Always.
10. Obviously by McFly. For sure Snape’s thoughts. :) “But so many nights now. I find myself thinking about her now.’Cause obviously,
She’s out of my league. But how can I win She keeps draggin’ me in and
I know I never will be good enough for her.”
11. All About You by McFly. In the cheesy fan fiction that I read, this is how Lily and Snape are, and I think it’s adorable. “Yesterday, you asked me something I thought you knew. So I told you with a smile ‘It’s all about you’
Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too, Say ‘If you make my life worthwhile, it’s all about you. And I would answer all you’re wishes, if you asked me to. But if you deny me one of your kisses, don’t know what I’d do.
So hold me close and say three words, like you used to do. Dancing on the kitchen tiles, it’s all about you.”
12. Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows. Another one that makes me think this is how Snape was feeling. “So she said what’s the problem baby
What’s the problem I don’t know
Well maybe I’m in love (love)
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can’t stop thinking ’bout it
How much longer will it take to cure this Just to cure it cause I can’t ignore it if it’s love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don’t know nothing ’bout love”
Let me know what you thought of my list and tell me if you have any I should add! :)