What makes me a nerd?
I know I’ve written on the subject before and it’s probably not that important to most people but I would like to explain once and for all, all of the many things that make me a nerd. (By the way, if you didn’t know, I’m quite proud of being one!)
– Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who and Star Wars are my favorite things.
– I have an immense knowledge of all the things mentioned above. Go ahead, quiz me if you’d like, I bet I can tell you a lot of useless facts on all four of those.
– I have read all the Harry Potter books in a week. This includes The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages.
– I have the dialogue of all 3 Lord of the Rings movies memorized.
– I own a Lightsaber, Sonic Screwdriver and a foam sword.
– I would rather read than just about anything else.
– I know quite a lot of useless facts on a whole lot of useless topics.
– Sometimes I have foam sword fights in Wal-mart.
– I have a Tumblr entirely dedicated to all my nerd-ish obsessions.
– I have a photo album on Facebook with over 100 pictures of Doctor Who related humorous things.
– I will bring Harry Potter, LOTR and/or Doctor Who into any and all conversations.
– I am a huge fan of Trock (Time Lord Rock) a genre of music about Doctor Who.
– I spend a TON of time on Tumblr trying to figure out a bunch of Doctor Who theories and then even more time discussing them with my Whovian friends
– I will cry a lot during the final Harry Potter movie, just as I did in the book.
– I get super excited at the thought of the Hobbit finally being made into a movie and I will go see it’s midnight premiere.
– Whenever I hear any of my nerdy-obsessions mentioned I get super excited and make a ridiculous squealing sound causing everyone around me to call me a nerd.
– While most people would frown upon the thought of wearing suspenders and or bow ties, I wish I could wear them and if I were a guy I would quite often.
– I still watch and love classic Disney movies. They’re just the best.
– It gives me great pleasure to meet fellow nerds who share my interests.
– I’m quite proud of being a nerd.
– I have a lot more reasons but that’s all I can think of right now.