People are fake.
Tonight on Facebook, one of my dearest friends brought up an excellent point, people nowadays are fake. Let’s face it, almost all of us are, myself included I admit. So, what she suggested was that all of just post a confession on Facebook. Not some deep dark secret, not even something life altering. Just a simple truth such as, “I like my eyes,” “Pancakes are fun,” or even “I love Disney movies.” No big deal right? Well, apparently for some people it is. Unfortunately, her status has become a massive breeding ground for fighting on Facebook now with people who disagree with her and are desperate to start a fight about it, however, I still believe that her point is a good one. So, since I have a blog (though I’m quite aware that not many people read it) I decided to post some confessions about myself. Like I said, nothing deep and dark, I’m not going to reveal the name of the person I’m crushing on or what my deepest secret is (do I even have a deep secret? No, not really…), just some simple things.
I’ll start with the one I myself posted on Facebook:
– I’m a 19-year-old freshman in college but I would rather watch animated movies and hang out with my friends than go out and party with the “cool kids.” Pretty sure we have more fun than they do anyways. Plus, we actually remember the events that occurred the next day! :)
– I drink entirely to much Dr. Pepper. I really should stop but I just can’t! It’s my deepest weakness. Well that and ice cream…
– If ice cream was a man, I would marry it. That’s how much I love it. Especially chocolate ice cream.
– I eat way to many waffles in our dining hall for breakfast. But we have a waffle maker, and chocolate chips…
– Most of these posts have been about food…
– Most of the music I listen to no one has ever heard of. Vampire Weekend, Bishop Allen, Florence and the Machine, Badly Drawn Boy, Breathe Carolina, Sons of Admirals, Juno Soundtrack people, Black Cards, Matt and Kim. They’re fantastic! :)
– Having said this, my two all-time favorite bands are somewhat well-known, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco.
– I truly think Lady Gaga is an alien.
– I can quote every line of Princess Bride, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, All 3 Lord of the Rings, Finding Nemo and Monster’s Inc. And I’m quite proud of said fact.
– I’m a very strong Conservative.
– Jesus is the most important thing in my life.
– I’m not as good of a witness for Christ as I should be and that makes me sad.
– I really couldn’t care less about sports. I don’t care at all…. They bore me.
– Plays are fun to watch. :)
– I love to read, and I’m really fast at it too!
– I really do hate Valentine’s Day.
– I can come up with an Office quote for almost any occasion.
– I cannot wait for Spring!
– If I didn’t want to be an F.B.I. agent, I would probably try to pursue photography.
– Taking pictures makes me very happy.
– I tend to be quite obsessive about things a lot…
– I wish I could draw.
– There are many famous guys that I find attractive.
Well, I could keep going here but I guess I’ll stop for now. Maybe I’ll do some more someday. :)